July 2014 Weddings

New Here!

Hi ladies! I have never posted on TK before. I posted on TB alllll the time, especially my last pregnancy.

We live in Wisconsin and are planning our July 26 wedding for next summer. We have made significant budget cuts. This includes completely cutting the "reception."

At first we didn't exactly know how we were going to handle the ceremony and celebration afterwards. I think we are finally coming to some decisions.

We are having it at the local lighthouse, which includes a beach and amazing scenery! Tentative plans are to have the ceremony, with a pig roast to follow with some music playing in the background from our ipod. Under 100 people will be attending. Originally we were planning on inviting around 200 and expecting around 140. It will be significantly smaller as we aren't having the big "party".

It's probably not as small as some of you others, but it's smaller than what we originally expected! I picked out my dress! I have the tuxes picked out since one of our groomsman's wife is the manager of a popular tux rental here. Our son who will be three next month is going to be the ring bearer. Our baby girl who just turned one last month will be the flower girl. I BELIEVE I have her dress picked out as well.

Who else is having a smaller wedding, no "official" reception?

Re: New Here!

• If you're serving your guests food, in this case, a pig roast-as long as there's enough for everyone, that counts as a reception.  It doesn't have to be a fancy meal. 
  • Hi ladies! I have never posted on TK before. I posted on TB alllll the time, especially my last pregnancy.

We live in Wisconsin and are planning our July 26 wedding for next summer. We have made significant budget cuts. This includes completely cutting the "reception."

At first we didn't exactly know how we were going to handle the ceremony and celebration afterwards. I think we are finally coming to some decisions.

We are having it at the local lighthouse, which includes a beach and amazing scenery! Tentative plans are to have the ceremony, with a pig roast to follow with some music playing in the background from our ipod. Under 100 people will be attending. Originally we were planning on inviting around 200 and expecting around 140. It will be significantly smaller as we aren't having the big "party".

It's probably not as small as some of you others, but it's smaller than what we originally expected! I picked out my dress! I have the tuxes picked out since one of our groomsman's wife is the manager of a popular tux rental here. Our son who will be three next month is going to be the ring bearer. Our baby girl who just turned one last month will be the flower girl. I BELIEVE I have her dress picked out as well.

Who else is having a smaller wedding, no "official" reception?

@Bemyselfandi

If there's food and people are partying / celebrating it's a reception. Like @EverAfter said, it does not have to be fancy. :)

Also, you and I have the same date assuming I read your post correctly and you're getting married on July 26 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards