New Jersey

caricaturist in central(ish) nj?!

Hello!

Does anyone know a caricaturist in central NJ?  I am looking for something different for entertainment besides a cigar roller and i think that would be great!

Thanks in advance! (also, any ideas that you have are welcomed!)

Re: caricaturist in central(ish) nj?!

• A very obvious choice is a photo booth.

We have also hired an event painter who will paint on a canvas the ballroom, guests and us as the night goes on. At the end of the wedding, we get the painting and will hang it on our new home.

I have also been to events with Irish Dancers, Indian performers, belly dancers, Christmas carolers, electric violinists, and ballroom dancers. 

Some people balk at this type of "extra" stuff - personally, I think it's pretty cool. (I wouldn't do all of them at the same time or anything, but you know what I mean.)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• A very obvious choice is a photo booth.

We have also hired an event painter who will paint on a canvas the ballroom, guests and us as the night goes on. At the end of the wedding, we get the painting and will hang it on our new home.

I have also been to events with Irish Dancers, Indian performers, belly dancers, Christmas carolers, electric violinists, and ballroom dancers. 

Some people balk at this type of "extra" stuff - personally, I think it's pretty cool. (I wouldn't do all of them at the same time or anything, but you know what I mean.)
    I can definitely say that I've never been at a wedding that has Irish Dancers, etc.  I think it's a little "Over-the-top" to have those things.  I mean, you only have X number of hours to have your reception...between being introduced, first dance, mom & son dance, garter, bouquet, speeches from BM and MOH, and cake cutting, which all take up about an hour to hour & a half total, you still have to eat and dance.  Having a photobooth is a great way to "entertain" your quests as well as having a photo album of the silly stuff that your photographer probably won't see to get.  

Just thinking about extra entertainment is like watching 4 Weddings on TV....or something along those lines where they spend upwards of 100k on a wedding.  Crazy ridiculous IMHO.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • edited October 2013
    To each their own. OP asked for suggestions for a caricature artist, which is obviously something extra and is open to the idea to  host an event with additional options.

Honestly, drinking and dancing alone to me isn't that fun. Maybe you personally might see me as a bore, but I don't see myself like that and love to have other interesting options. Clearly, many of my family/friends/acquaintances see it the same way, and want to do fun and exciting things. Those are the weddings I remember the most.  All the food blends, and all of the bands/djs blend. But, one remembers the "extra stuff." 

And most of the weddings I have attended did not have the bouquet toss or garter toss, so I guess that's where they get the extra time. I dunno. I thought they were all really cool events.

Edited: Typo!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• To each their own. OP asked for suggestions for a caricature artist, which is obviously something extra and is open to the idea to  host an event with additional options.

Honestly, drinking and dancing alone to me isn't that fun. Maybe you personally might see me as a bore, but I don't see myself like that and love to have other interesting options. Clearly, many of my family/friends/acquaintances see it the same way, and want to do fun and exciting things. Those are the weddings I remember the most.  All the food blends, and all of the bands/djs blend. But, one remembers the "extra stuff." 

And most of the weddings I have attended did not have the bouquet toss or garter toss, so I guess that's where they get the extra time. I dunno. I thought they were all really cool events.

Edited: Typo!

Yes, to each their own.  Don't get me wrong, I think having something "extra" like a photobooth or something would be cool, but I guess I'm more "traditional" in my ways.  I had actually thought of doing something silly, like having the bridal party do a flash mob style dance...it's still something I'm thinking about but not entirely too sure as of yet.  That right there would be part of the "entertainment".  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • Thank you for all your input.. keep it coming!

I must say I am more like SewInLoveWithDMB just eating, drinking and dancing is fun, but i also like something different. our best friend owns a photobooth, so we are going to have that but  I have been thinking of also doing something else..... like caricaturist or cigar roller, i was just wondering other ideas , I may have missed. 

my plan is to do a cocktail style wedding as sitting down and eating always breaks up the fun of the dance floor.. so i wanted a little more entertainment.

anything else you guys have, bring it on! thanks !

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards