Not Engaged Yet

How to keep calm??! :)

Hello everyone!
This is my  first actual post on here by the way...so I feel goofy.
Anyway, I'm 99% positive my BF is going to pop the question soon...he's been dropping hints here and there and I have confirmed he has called my dad/grandfather to get their blessing!!  
How do you ladies keep from going off the edge in excitement?? Now that I know it's about to happen it's consuming my life, haha. I need to find ways to keep myself busy! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How to keep calm??! :)

• Hang out here, we'll keep you calm! 

Try not to get too ahead of yourself. It's absolutely exciting but your relationship is still happening right here and now so try to focus on that instead of what's going to happen in the future. 

Do you have any furbabies?
    What's the last movie you saw?
    What's your favorite alcoholic beverage?

• You've gotta relax.  Enjoy your relationship as it is now, and don't let the excitement of a proposal consume your life.

Find a new hobby.  Yoga, crafts, even a new series of books...and focus your energy on that.

Also, welcome.  Tell us about yourself.

• Welcome to NEY! Red or white wine?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Hi! Just don't think about it too much. Just enjoy your BF, your relationship, and the fact that you're not spending crazy amounts of money and time planning your wedding right now. :) Answer our questions, we'll keep you sane and entertain you in the meantime.

What's your favorite Halloween candy? Who's biting the dust this season on The Walking Dead? (If you don't watch, what shows are you looking forward to this fall?) What awesome exciting career or major do you have?
  • I'm on the same boat as you, hang out here, stay calm, we'll keep you entertained.

Also drinking lots of wine helps :)

My friend gave me some great advice last week, she and her H looked at rings so he could get an idea of what she liked, she completely forgot about it and then BOOM he popped the question, so pretty much what PPs have said, just keep your mind on other things!

Welcome!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Thank you all, I'm excited to be here! This site is great. A little bit about myself: My name is Lacey, I am 23, and have way more energy than I know what to do with. I'm generally a pretty positive and outgoing person and I LOVE to chit chat. I also like to lend a listening ear and help when people need it...knowing that I can make someone smile makes my day. Although I'm young I live the stereotypical "old married couple" life...I'm not into the party scene. We like getting up early, planning our days out to a T, and being in bed by 10! My BF and I love to decorate our apartment, take the dog out to the dog park, and explore new places, festivals, etc. We love concerts and shows! (Looking forward to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra tour.). I enjoy cooking and baking and taking on new projects and challenges...DIY is my middle name ;) 

So many questions to answer! You guys are great already, and have put a smile on my face. I'll answer in order recieved...

1. Two fur babies! A lab/pit mix (3), and a regular old tabby (1.5). They are the loves of my life! 
    2. I just watched The Shining again this past weekend...last new movie I saw was We're the Millers.
    3. I don't know that I have a favorite, but if I had to pick I'd say Rum and Dr. Pepper...but there are some days where I want nothing but wine, and other days where I crave an ice cold Sam Adams Cherry Wheat :) 
    4. Definitely white wine. My favorite is Reisling, and it's what I drink the most. Occasionally I will go for a rose, or a very sweet red (like a blackberry merlot--yum!), but generally reds are not my thing.
    5. I'm not a big candy person!! Sensitive teeth :( But if I had to choose I would say twizzlers
    6. I wouldn't be surprised if Carl died to be honest...but if Daryl goes I'm rioting.
    7. My career isn't too exciting right now, but I do WAH Tech Support for an ISP. It's a cool job, good perks, but not what I will stick to forever. I want to be a teacher one day :) Just saving up to put myself through school!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hobbies are awesome. A lot of the ladies here knit - what do you do for fun?

What's your favorite dessert?

Welcome!
  • I'm also pretty sure that my BF is going to propose soon. But as excited as I am there are things that are happening for sure that I'm focusing my excitement on. For example next weekend BF and I are going to the circus (yay!) and BF is planning something to celebrate our anniversary that was this past weekend.

One important thing is to not try to guess when it's going to happen, it leads to a lot of disappointment. So could BF propose at the circus or whatever he's planning for our anniversary? Yup but I'm not counting on it because I really want to be able to enjoy those events without any sort of disappointment because I expected a proposal.

I also started training for a 5K and that's been good in keeping my mind per-occupied.

• I'm with you on that; its hard to get your mind off of it!! My BF told me this weekend that his parent's had given him his grandmother's engagement ring and that had been looking at settings and planned to use the diamond from his grandmother's ring in my ring. I wanted to squeal like a 12 year old girl and its hard to stop thinking about it, but I do my best by keeping myself busy and thinking about things that are coming up, like concert we're going to, movies we want to see, and a big one is Christmas planning. I started to come up with a budget and a list of what I want to get everyone, so that is keeping me busy!! Good luck!
    Anniversary

• Hobbies are awesome. A lot of the ladies here knit - what do you do for fun?

What's your favorite dessert?

Welcome!
    My hobbies are crafts and video games. I love trying to find new projects to do :) and my favorite desert is CHEESECAKE. I actually just made a homemade pumpkin cheesecake this past weekend and I can't stop eating it...thank goodness for a fast metabolism.

I'm also pretty sure that my BF is going to propose soon. But as excited as I am there are things that are happening for sure that I'm focusing my excitement on. For example next weekend BF and I are going to the circus (yay!) and BF is planning something to celebrate our anniversary that was this past weekend.

One important thing is to not try to guess when it's going to happen, it leads to a lot of disappointment. So could BF propose at the circus or whatever he's planning for our anniversary? Yup but I'm not counting on it because I really want to be able to enjoy those events without any sort of disappointment because I expected a proposal.

I also started training for a 5K and that's been good in keeping my mind per-occupied.
    It is definitely hard!! I am trying to keep myself sidetracked though by focusing on other things coming up. My BF's brother is having a baby girl in January, and the baby shower is coming up, so I've been putting alot of time into researching good gifts for that..and of course October is my favorite month, so I've also been researching alot of fun Fall/Halloween things to do in the area. I've lived here in FL for about a year now and am not familiar with all the annual events, so I'm exicted to check everything out. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards