Plus-Sized

What to wear under dress garments...

I am plus sized and have a thing about my thighs rubbing so I want to wear a thigh shaper under my dress. I have a corset/torsolette bra and slip but none of the thigh shapers I have found have an open gusset meaning I'll have to pretty much take off the dress in order to use the bathroom. Has anyone else run in to this problem? Any suggestions??

Re: What to wear under dress garments...

• Spanx are awesome and they have an open gusset.  Mine goes from my knees to right under my breasts.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What shoebunnie said.  I <3 Spanx.  And it's something that you will use over and over again.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What the above girls said!  I bought my first Spanx at Target--they were the Assets line by Spanx.  I had no idea Spanx had a gusset until I started shopping with a little more cash in my pocket and could afford the non-generic shapewear.  Depending on where you live, the generic shapewear like at Walmart may be what you're used to seeing.  If you're too far from bigger stores where you can go look at the real Spanx, search online.  You'll find lots of options with gussets.  I can't imagine having to wear a wedding dress all evening and try to take everything off to pee.  Funny thing though--I saw a story a few months ago about "bridal diapers" for this very problem.  How gross is that?  Feeling sexy with your new husband after you've peed in a diaper all day...LOL!

For a good laugh:

http://www.marieclaire.com/fashion/fashionista-blog/bride-diapers

Who knows how true it is, or whether they're more than Depends, but it's still funny.

• And there is always this.... www.go-girl.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2013
    cmlisenk said:
    I am plus sized and have a thing about my thighs rubbing so I want to wear a thigh shaper under my dress. I have a corset/torsolette bra and slip but none of the thigh shapers I have found have an open gusset meaning I'll have to pretty much take off the dress in order to use the bathroom. Has anyone else run in to this problem? Any suggestions??
    Are you simply worried about chafing?  If so, swipe some deodorant on your inner thighs.  I did this and it worked wonderfully.  

As for Spanx and the like, I tried it on and it wasn't my thing.  With all the weight of the wedding dress, wearing something so tight and not easy to get off just wouldn't be comfortable.  I imagine it would get hot wearing it too.  
  • JoanE2012 said:
    cmlisenk said:
    Are you simply worried about chafing?  If so, swipe some deodorant on your inner thighs.  I did this and it worked wonderfully.  

As for Spanx and the like, I tried it on and it wasn't my thing.  With all the weight of the wedding dress, wearing something so tight and not easy to get off just wouldn't be comfortable.  I imagine it would get hot wearing it too.  
    ooooh good idea.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • You might also try these: in white they look very bridal! http://www.bandelettes.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• also, I feel this post is relevant here: 

I might do this....
  • chkmeowtchkmeowt member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    I got this for anti-chafing, works great.

Wedding Black & White, Sepia
  • I'm a big shapeware fan for lots of events.  Check out this article for suggestions on what's right for you.  http://www.borrowedandbleu.com/advice-ideas/how-to-pick-the-best-shapewear-for-your-wedding-dress/
  • Monistat makes an anti-chafing gel.  That stuff is a miracle in a tube!  I was able to walk around Manhattan in blistering heat all day in an ankle-length skirt with zero "chub rub."  Usually I'd resort to shapewear, stockings, or shorts to keep that from happening but it was too hot.  A little goes a long way and lasts a super long time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If it's just the leg chaffing, throw on a pair of leggings. No miss no fuss AND they can come off super easy! That's what I do under all my dresses!! It sounds so tacky lol but no on ever knows.

I LOVE spanx btw!!!
  • Hi Ladies!  I ended up ordering Bandelettes and loved them!  I got a pair on sale and tried them under a dress at work and they were perfect.  Heres their site: http://www.bandelettes.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards