Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon ????

Curious how much people are spending on their honeymoon?....how long is the vaca?...
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Honeymoon ????

• The cruise is about $1,700 (7 nights) plus 2 nights in Puerto Rico before the cruise $300...airfare we're using frequent flier miles but would have been about $900.  So, once all is said and done with meals, drinks, taxis and souvenirs, probably about $3000 for a total of 10 days.  17 more days until we leave!!!!
  • WonderRedWonderRed member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited October 2013
    Airfare from Denver and 5 nights at Le Pavillion in New Orleans were $1360 as a package deal on travelocity.  I'm sure we'll spend about another $1000 on food & drinks, cover charges to listen to music, the paddle boat dinner cruise, a carriage ride, and all that other NOLA touristy stuff,  plus really good souvenirs for my DS to make up for leaving him behind for almost a week.  I'm guessing $2300-2500 before all is said and done.

Edited because iz can't do math rightly.
  • Costs are going to vary widely based on time of year, where you are departing from, and where you are going to! It will also vary widely based on what each couple can afford, what their priorities are, and of course, if someone gifted them something! For me, I was married twice, so two honeymoons. I spent 10 nights in French Polynesia the first time and spent 2.5 weeks in Australia the second time, but that also included my DW. I spent ~$20K on my first HM (which is probably more now since that was in 2004) and over $20K for my Australia trip, not including the costs for anything having to do with the wedding itself.

• melbelleupmelbelleup member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited October 2013
    nalex420 said:
    Curious how much people are spending on their honeymoon?....how long is the vaca?...
    Spending about $1,500 on hotel room on the beach for 6 nights. Then will probably spend about $50-$60 a day for food and then activities will probably be about $300 ish? I'm aiming for under $3,000. We plan to eat breakfast at the hotel and then make our own lunch to enjoy either on the beach or the hotel room and then go out in the evening where we'll splurge a little. Luckily we live by the beach we're going to, so most likely won't spend too much on souvenirs or anything since we can get them off season so much cheaper.

ETA: Since it is only 45 minutes from my house and we go into the city every Wednesday already, gas/travel isn't really an issue in our budget. Also we won't be spending 50-60 every dinner, but that will probably be the most expensive so planning for that.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • H and I spent about $3000 (plus additional cash for food and activities) on flights, rental cars, and hotels for 6 nights in Key West and 2 nights in Miami Beach.  This was two years ago.

But prices and length of time will vary depending on how much you want to spend and how long you want to go and where you want to go.

• Went to Sandals Grande St. Lucian for 6 nights five years ago.

Flights (east coast), room (club level), excursions (3), tips (drivers), food at airport on both travel days, hotel room at airport night before and souviners was $6k.

We just went back last year and spent the same amt. for 7 nights (I had Sandals points plus the flight was less and we didn't buy souviners*I now bring home conch shells we find on the beach. Hey, they're free*).
  • 7 days 7 nights in Aruba

180,000 Marriott Points

160,000 US Airways Frequent Flyer Miles

about $1,500 in activities including sky diving, massages on a private island, sunset dinners, scuba cruise, etc.

• South Africa and surroundings - 2 weeks (16 nights including overnight flights) - i'm budgeting $20k for hotels and airfare (which i am paying for as a gift to my FI since he bought me a similarly priced e-ring, which was completely overboard and wholly unnecessary).  All of the hotels include at least breakfast; 6 of the 14 nights are in all-inclusive hotels (food and activities).  I'm also figuring in a day-tour of wine tasting activities outside of Cape Town.  Other meals/activities will be dealt with while we're there from our joint account - a budget isn't really necessary, as we have a sufficiently large cushion in there under normal circumstances, and i imagine we'll have an even bigger cushion post-wedding.  My budget was just intended to ensure that i would have enough cash, up front, to pay for the big stuff.  One should never go into debt for a vacation (CPA Disclaimer) :-)
  • mlg78 said:

The cruise is about $1,700 (7 nights) plus 2 nights in Puerto Rico before the cruise $300...airfare we're using frequent flier miles but would have been about $900.  So, once all is said and done with meals, drinks, taxis and souvenirs, probably about $3000 for a total of 10 days.  17 more days until we leave!!!!

@mlg78 I've been looking into a cruise that leaves out of San Juan also. Which line and itinerary are you going on??? I hope you have a blast and would love to hear any helpful tips once you return!!!
  • mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited October 2013

The cruise is about $1,700 (7 nights) plus 2 nights in Puerto Rico before the cruise $300...airfare we're using frequent flier miles but would have been about $900.  So, once all is said and done with meals, drinks, taxis and souvenirs, probably about $3000 for a total of 10 days.  17 more days until we leave!!!!
    @mlg78 I've been looking into a cruise that leaves out of San Juan also. Which line and itinerary are you going on??? I hope you have a blast and would love to hear any helpful tips once you return!!!

16 more days!  We got married on 9/21 and we're waiting 3 and a half weeks to go...best decision about the wedding yet since it's given us time to rest up, get thank you notes done, etc.  Also, my mom happens to be on the same cruise right now so she'll be returning with all the tips. :)  She's extremely loyal to Royal Caribbean so that's who we went with.  We booked in February, I think, when it was $805 a person and with tax it came to about $1,700.  We have a balcony cabin as well.  I think the outside rooms are currently going for just $499!  We have 5 ports: St. Maarten, St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia and Barbados.  I think there's a similar route that goes to Aruba instead of Barbados but my husband wanted Barbados and I didn't care.  There's only one day at sea which is the last day.

• Almost two weeks in French Polynesia.  We spent about 20k when all was said and done.  Worth every penny to us.
  • mlg78 said:

mlg78 said:

16 more days!  We got married on 9/21 and we're waiting 3 and a half weeks to go...best decision about the wedding yet since it's given us time to rest up, get thank you notes done, etc.  Also, my mom happens to be on the same cruise right now so she'll be returning with all the tips. :)  She's extremely loyal to Royal Caribbean so that's who we went with.  We booked in February, I think, when it was $805 a person and with tax it came to about $1,700.  We have a balcony cabin as well.  I think the outside rooms are currently going for just $499!  We have 5 ports: St. Maarten, St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia and Barbados.  I think there's a similar route that goes to Aruba instead of Barbados but my husband wanted Barbados and I didn't care.  There's only one day at sea which is the last day.

Oh wow!! I'm excited for you!!!! We are getting married 4/13/14 on a short cruise in key west and are thinking about doing a southern Caribbean cruise for the honeymoon the following week. We are getting married on celebrity and the southern Caribbean cruise is on celebrity as well. It's almost an identical itinerary except it goes to st. Thomas instead of St. Kitts. I would love to hear all about your trip once you return feel free to pm me. Again, congratulations and I hope you have an AMAZING time!!!!
  • Our honeymoon is costing about $3,000 in the Rivera Maya.  We have an adults only hotel and it is all inclusive.  We did an upgrade for an ocean front room / honeymoon.   With our upgrade we each get a massage and a bottle of wine or champagne delivered each night (8 nights).

Last year we did 7 nights in Punta Cana and we spent about $2,400 and it was so amazing!!! ( if anyone hasn't booked.. that is a good option for someone on a budget and the island is honestly so full of fun with tons of things to do)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We spent about 12k to go to Thailand for 12 days. If we had flown first class, the tickets alone would have been 12k.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • WonderRed said:

Airfare from Denver and 5 nights at Le Pavillion in New Orleans were $1360 as a package deal on travelocity.  I'm sure we'll spend about another $1000 on food & drinks, cover charges to listen to music, the paddle boat dinner cruise, a carriage ride, and all that other NOLA touristy stuff,  plus really good souvenirs for my DS to make up for leaving him behind for almost a week.  I'm guessing $2300-2500 before all is said and done.

Edited because iz can't do math rightly.

Just had to add that I've stayed at le pavilion and it's FABULOUS! I love Nola and we try to get there about once a year if possible. Enjoy!
  • No idea how much our honeymoon will be costing. My fiance is in charge of it. We're going to Puerto Rico! Neither of us have ever been so it'll be fun. Getting married on a Saturday and plan on leaving on Sunday and probably coming home Friday. Flights are only a few hundred a piece I think.
    He is saving up right now for the honeymoon. Plans on booking with his credit card and then paying it off right away. I'm proud of him for doing that because I'd hate the idea of going in debt for the honeymoon. I think his budget was like $8000 for the wedding/honeymoon stuff.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're going to Paris.  I expect to spend about 20k.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We went to Europe for 2 weeks & probably spent around $9,000
  • We did Sandals St Lucia at the Halcyon with a cottage walk out. Including airfare it came out for just under $4,700 for 7 nights. 
  • My husband & I will be traveling to St. Lucia & staying at the Sandals Halycon all inclusive in may 2014 for 5 nights w/ non stop flights from JFK (NY) + travel insurance our total price is $3,500 :) We postponed our honeymoon til next year due to no vacation days with the new job my husband got a few months ago - and this does make it more fun to plan and gives us something amazing to look forward too! Good luck with the planning & i would highly recommend using a travel agent - we gave our budget and vioila everything was researched and planned perfectly by the travel agent!
    Anniversary

Vacation
  • fre3doms said:
    No idea how much our honeymoon will be costing. My fiance is in charge of it. We're going to Puerto Rico! Neither of us have ever been so it'll be fun. Getting married on a Saturday and plan on leaving on Sunday and probably coming home Friday. Flights are only a few hundred a piece I think.
    He is saving up right now for the honeymoon. Plans on booking with his credit card and then paying it off right away. I'm proud of him for doing that because I'd hate the idea of going in debt for the honeymoon. I think his budget was like $8000 for the wedding/honeymoon stuff.
    If your honeymoon falls during a new moon (no moon, or small sliver) I strongly urge you to go do a bio-bay kayak trip.  I did it once and it was AMAZING!!!!!
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Late to the party but:

I'll be honest, I don't know exact cost - probably around 10K-ish.  That was for all flights (we booked coach then used miles/$$ to upgrade to 1st day of) hotels, rental car, food, cruise, souveniers, everything.  That was for:

7 days in Ireland

1 Night in London

7 day cruise home from London to NYC

Train fare NYC to Boston

Car Service home

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards