Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

now what?

I posted on Sept 10th about how many people don't bother to RSVP - a universal problem it seems. Everyone advised me to wait a few days after the RSVP deadline and then call everyone who had not RSVP'd. Out of about 150 people who did not RSVP there are STILL 25 who have not RSVP'd nor returned my phone calls. I've waited several days for a return phone call and the wedding is fast approaching. Now what? Do I call again and if I do am I supposed to leave a message that I assume the lack of response is a decline of the wedding invitation? Some of those that have not responded actually talked like they WOULD attend the wedding several months ago. Perhaps they think that I should KNOW they are coming....

Re: now what?

• Options

Assuming your wedding is coming up very soon, I'd leave another round of messages specifying something like:

"Our wedding is sneaking up so fast!  We'd hoped you would be able to attend and celebrate with us, but we haven't heard back from you.  Please call CherryHarley within the next two days to let us know if you are coming.  We hope it's a 'Yes' and that we've just been unable to connect, but we have to give our venue a headcount soon and will have to put you as a "No" if you don't let us know your plans before X night at # o'clock.  Please do call either way so we know we have an accurate info!"

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    When do you need the final headcount for your venue?  

I would call up those that have not returned your call and leave them a final message saying "Please let us know if you are planning on attending our wedding on X.  We need to provide our final headcount to our venue on Y.  If we do not receive a response by Z then we will unfortunately have to mark you down as a decline."

• Options
    clg1213 said:

Assuming your wedding is coming up very soon, I'd leave another round of messages specifying something like:

"Our wedding is sneaking up so fast!  We'd hoped you would be able to attend and celebrate with us, but we haven't heard back from you.  Please call CherryHarley within the next two days to let us know if you are coming.  We hope it's a 'Yes' and that we've just been unable to connect, but we have to give our venue a headcount soon and will have to put you as a "No" if you don't let us know your plans before X night at # o'clock.  Please do call either way so we know we have an accurate info!"

Great way to phrase it! Thanks so much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards