Plus-Sized

Opinions.. New on here Thanks!

I found my dress but struggling a little bit. I love the dress but I feel like my family should be more excited as well... I found a dress in april and bought it then got invited to have the "ultimate bridal experience" in my fiances sister-in-laws bridal shopso I went. There I found a dress I loved even more and felt wonderful in it!! But now my family is either sayiong they would chose the first dress or they just simply like both dresses... Its really frustrating. I am going with the second dress but this has been hard for me. Any advice??

Also what does everyone think of my dress??

20130907_092803.jpg20130907_093757.jpg20130907_093027.jpg

Re: Opinions.. New on here Thanks!

• Maybe you can post links to the pics?  The pics aren't displaying.

Or...food for thought...don't post photos here.  If everyone loves dress #1, will you feel worse?

If you feel beautiful and happy in dress #2, rock it and feel fabulous!

Even though it would've been sweet to have that mother-daughter moment, I did not take my mom dress shopping.  I went by myself because I saw a photo of a strapless Lazaro gown, was in love, and knew it was the one.  I went to a trunk show where I could try it on.  It was the one dress we took into the dressing room.  Sure enough, I put it on and loved it.  But I also knew that my mom would not love it.  She either wanted me to wear her dress (she was 5'3", 24 inch waist when she got married...I'm 5'8" and street size 6 so not gonna happen!), which was long sleeve and turtleneck from the 1970s, or she wanted me in a princess-y dress that would cover me up and be bedazzled.  I knew I'd be really sad if I came out in my dream dress and saw her face fall, and then have her tell me not to buy it.  I enjoyed the day much more going to the store, having the staff give me the royal treatment, and paying for the dress without any reservations because my mom wouldn't have picked it.

Long story short: go with what feels right.  You say you love dress #2, so wear it fabulously.  This is your chance to pick a dream dress, not your family/friends/etc chance to guilt you into a dress that you don't love. 

Now, if you're having fit issues with dress #2 or are concerned about a taste level issue, you may want to have someone you trust that has good taste weigh in.  Or a tailor.  That person may be better equipped to tell you that the dress is too big, too small, needs certain alterations, or has a taste problem like too much cleavage popping out everywhere, etc.

• I am just posting the pictures of the dress that I love!
  • The sash really adds a special touch!  Are you making it into a sweetheart neckline?  I love sweetheart necklines.  I think they draw attention up to the face and are fabulously feminine.
  • Yes I love sweetheart neckline.. That is what its going to be. I tried the dress on with tons of different sashes but this is going to be my dress!
  • You've really thought about this.  Wear it fabulously!  Don't stress.  Just enjoy your perfect dress:)
  • It looks wonderful!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards