Chit Chat
Options

People who make their own cake

I don't know how you have time for it.  I'm so close to my wedding right now and I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off, fiercely emotional and irrational and teary. I just don't know how people fit their own cake or cupcakes at this point before their wedding.

I make cakes as a hobby and I would be fizzling out real quick right now!
imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

Re: People who make their own cake

• Options
    I know this was random, but I thought of it after I just burned a batch of cookies and freaked out about it
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • Options
    You're so close!  Don't cry, be happy!  Seriously, you have all the major details handled.  Any little details that don't get done won't be missed. You're going to have an awesome day!
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • Options
    I wish I could make beautiful cakes!! I would love to make my own, but I can imagine how hard it would be to add 'cake making' onto the wedding planning list. Kudos to those that do!
    Anniversary

• Options
    Those people are crazy. I could barely handle making appetizers while throwing a party last weekend. 
  • Options
    My mom's best friend did for her second wedding.  Granted, it was a small ceremony and reception, but her carrot cake is not easy to make (but it is incredibly yummy).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I made H's grooms cake for the RD.  I used a spring form pan and the batter ran through the bottom and burned on the oven.  As soon as he came home from work (the cake was already safely in the freezer!), he asked what's burning and I had to make up some stupid story.  But his cake was only a 2 tier round cake with a fondant star trek symbol on top.  I couldn't imagine making my own wedding cake!  Peope asked me if I was going to!  You'll get it done Muppet! Just breathe, relax, you can do it!
  • Options
    I made my own cake and hardly did anything for it in the days leading up to my wedding. I baked it, made the layers, and frosted it with a crumb coat two weeks before the wedding, wrapped it like a mummy in foil and plastic wrap, and froze it! My then-fiancé had a much more stressful experience rigging up the lighting for our wedding. :)

Good luck with your wedding! Remember, as long as you end up married, it'll be okay. :)
  • Options
    I know this was random, but I thought of it after I just burned a batch of cookies and freaked out about it
    We're here for you and we'll listen. Vent away.

Anniversary

• Options
    We makes cakes as a hobby, too! We're actually doing a friend's wedding a couple weeks before our own, and I'm not sure that was a good idea. I cannot imagine doing the cake for our wedding - we considered it for about 2 minutes, and then my wise mother told me she absolutely forbid it! 
  • Options
    I was seriously considering making ours, but FMIL (who is also an amateur baker, like me) says she's doing it and it's non-negotiable. I have every confidence in her. Luckily we're not doing fondant or anything, just buttercream which is easy enough.
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards