Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Signature bake shop

We are interested in signature bake shop especially because they will give you an anniversary cake and you don't have to keep one in the freezer for a year!

But they will not take a meeting with you until one year away from your date and we are not there yet. I was wondering if anyone who is or has used them can give me an idea of what they are charging and what you got from them. I saw that they do packages, but we are having a candy bar and a cookie table and don't really want the extra pies and cakes.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Re: Signature bake shop

• Are you referring to Signature Desserts?
  • Yes. Sorry!
  • Just wanted to make sure, their cakes are delicious & if I remember correctly their pricing is very reasonable!  However, they were on my top list of bakeries and I had a bad experience with them at our "tasting."  We ended up going a different route because of the attitude and comments made.  Have you already booked them?
  • I'm using them, and they really only do the packages. The prices are extremely good because its a flat rate independent of design. I also have to use Common Plea as my caterer so their dessert package really helped my budget. I will say that they have a 'holier than thou' attitude and will brag to hell during the meeting, but really they are good at what they do and offer fair pricing. 
  • We used Signature Desserts and had no problems with them. I agree they absolutely push the dessert table with the array of desserts, but I wanted just a cake that served everyone since we had SO much food already. I stuck to what I wanted even though they obviously thought it wasn't the right way to go. They were nice about creating exactly what I wanted and we got a lot of compliments on how good and fresh the cake was at the wedding. And the free cake on your anniversary is a bonus too!
  • I actually just had them do my cakes for the wedding. We ended up going with a 10 inch round cake for me and my husband to cut and about 140 assorted cupcakes (We did not do any additional desserts or cookies through them). The price was around $350. The cakes were delicious! I didn't think they were pushy at all during my meetings with them but I was also very straight forward on what I wanted and was looking for. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards