May 2014 Weddings

I feel so behind!

Hi ladies! 

I'm getting married May 17, 2014! That is exactly 32 weeks from today! People are telling me that I am way ahead of the game but I am feeling overwhelmed and like I am behind on things. We already have our venue (both the ceremony and reception will take place there), our photographer, our wedding officiant, and the lady making our cake. We still need a DJ. I already found my wedding dress and I'm officially buying it next weekend! My bridesmaids found a dress that they really like, but I can't for the life of me decide on colors. I would really like to do a tree theme as we're getting married at an Inn that's on an Alpaca farm full of trees and grass. It's beautiful out there. I'm thinking along the lines of blue or green, but I can't decide. We'd like to have bright colors included so things really pop out, but I don't want them to pop out tooooooo much. Any ideas? I need some serious help! :) Also, am I missing anything? Am I behind??

Re: I feel so behind!

• Breathe! You're not behind at all :) Some people plan weddings in a matter of a few weeks, and we all still have 7+ months! You've already done a lot of the big things -- venue, photographer, dress, BM dress style, cake... That's awesome! Also, the alpaca farm sounds beautiful -- why not do a range of shades of blues (ie: blue-purples like hydrangea and hyacinths to pale blues) with some pops of brighter yellow-greens and then a lot of foliage and greenery to give it depth and dimension? Then your BMs can wear a shade of blue (even a brighter one, if you want!).

• That's a great idea! I just have A LOT going on right now so my head is all over the place! I just don't want to look back at pictures and be like what was I thinking? when it comes to colors and whatnot!
  • I know exactly what you mean! We're going for mostly soft pinks, corals, peachy colours, and a little bit of ivory and lavender with a lot of greenery, and my biggest fear is that it will look like my grandmother's tea party or a little girl's birthday party. Just trust your instincts, go with what you love, and make sure you're working with vendors who really get you and your vision. Try not to over think it :)

• Pinterest baby.  I swear, pinterest has helped me narrow down my ideas from start to finish.  I initially had one wedding board and then i realized that it had over 1,000 pins on it, so i went back and started pinning what i liked most to a separate board.  It sounds kind of neurotic, but it worked. Plus, as far as resources go, it has anything you could ever possibly want or need to see.  

I completely agree with pumpkinsandturkeys - don't overthink it.  Stay away from trendy and go with what you like.  Trust yourself and I am sure you'll look back at your wedding and love what you picked.
  • I definitely agree with @ohxhi with the Pinterest!! It is amazing how much information is on there and how much help it can. I really like your idea of re-pinning what you really like too!!! 

You really are ahead of the game and I get how it can feel overwhelming, but like @pumpkinsandturkeys mentioned people plan this weeks (I know I couldn't...I'm freaking out and we still have 7 months!! 

You are doing great and knocking things off the list. Keep up the great work. 
  • Oh hunny, you are not behind! You're farther along than I am. My wedding date is set for May 5 (destination wedding) however, we don't have the date or location for the home reception for the guests that aren't attending our destination wedding and we plan on that to be in June. We go on Tuesday November 5 to meet with our potential venue location. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards