November 2013 Weddings
Options

Final fitting!

Anyone else have their final fittings yet?? I had mine on the 2nd, and the dress looks STUNNING! (in my honest opinion)

Granted, I wish I had prettier arms (lol), but that's what weights are for! Wearing my dress again made me even more excited for the big day!!

imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Final fitting!

• Options

I had mine, and I wasn't as happy with my dress as I thought it would be. The bustle was a little less stunning than I thought it would be, and the bustier that I bought (and had used in my previous fitting) didn't fit as comfortably as before :( Also the dress showed off a little more in the bust area than I am comfortable (as in I don't like showing any cleavage in my everyday clothes) and whenever I look down I can see my girls more than I want.

My dad came with me and my mom to my final fitting and he hadn't seen me in the dress before, so I was hoping for some sort of reaction from him, and didn't get any, which was a little disappointing. Hopefully sometime in the next couple of weeks I can have my sister help me try on the dress again, and we can play with it a little to get it feeling comfortable.

Wedding Countdown Ticker:)

• Options
    I haven't even had my first fitting yet! I have it this Friday, my final fitting is the 25th. I'll let you know how mine goes after though.
  • Options
    I had my final fitting on Thursday and she had it done Friday. I felt beautiful in this dress and can't wait for FI to see me in it
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had mine a month ago, and it's been stressful since.   My dress is fitted so I can't lose more than about 3-4 pounds or it will just hang off my butt and hips.  It's frustrating because I'm in a really good work out mode lately and want to step it up but need to hold back until after the wedding.  I try it on once a week to make sure it's still looking right.
  • Options
    I had my 2nd fitting on Saturday and we had a few issues with the timing for the alterations but it's thankfully being taken care of over the weekend. I go in on Monday (7th) to try it on again and have her add on the bustle then. Then I will take it home and be done with alterations forever.
  • Options
    i had mine yesterday and they great looked amazing! and now it is gone to have the bustle added and then it will be done! 
  • Options
    I have my first fitting a week from Wednesday 10/16 (eee!!!!), but my wedding isn't until 11/24. 

I had a try on appointment, though, when my dress came into the shop, so I know there aren't a TON of alterations to be done (bust, bustle, length). 
  • Options
    So what kind of bustle are y'all doing? 
  • Options
    I feel so much better with your post, dramamonkey!  I was getting worried with all of these November brides already done with fittings, but my first fitting is also the 16th and I'm a day ahead of you in terms of wedding date :)  I also have just the same alterations as you, as well.
  • Options
    i had my first fitting last week..but the dress was too big so they took my dress and they had to order me a smaller size... so right now I have no dress..lol but @dramamonkey I am doing a french bustle

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Options
    French bustle with 5 ties... long/wide train
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 
      Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    We are doing a french bustle, we pinned it up today to see how it looks. I'm so excited for it.
  • Options
    I have an underneath bustle and then again on the side
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had my first fitting and we pinned everything (length, taking the bust in, etc.), but the alterations aren't done yet - so excited to see what it looks like once it fits a little more precisely! 

As far as my bustle, my dress is netting with Chantilly lace which limits the ways it can be bustled. I decided to have my train bustled in box pleats in the back, so that the dress looks like it's the same length all the way around - kinda like this: 

• Options
    i have the three point bustle
  • Options
    I have my 2nd alteration appt tomorrow.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had my first fitting and we pinned everything (length, taking the bust in, etc.), but the alterations aren't done yet - so excited to see what it looks like once it fits a little more precisely! 

As far as my bustle, my dress is netting with Chantilly lace which limits the ways it can be bustled. I decided to have my train bustled in box pleats in the back, so that the dress looks like it's the same length all the way around - kinda like this: 

Beautiful!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I'm doing a French bustle as well! But the dress has a lace jacket, so I'm wearing that for the ceremony only...then taking the jacket off for the reception :) This was taken the day of the final fitting...now my dress is at my MOH's house. I can't afford to lose anymore weight, but I'm trying to not gain anymore as well...I just need to work out on my arms and then I'll be set!
    (ps-you have to click on the picture to make it bigger lol)
  • Options
    princesscastillo325

I tried that dress on and it looks 1000x better on you than it ever did on me!  I like!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 
      Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    I had mine made without a train, so no bustle for me.
  • Options
    I'm doing a French bustle as well! But the dress has a lace jacket, so I'm wearing that for the ceremony only...then taking the jacket off for the reception :) This was taken the day of the final fitting...now my dress is at my MOH's house. I can't afford to lose anymore weight, but I'm trying to not gain anymore as well...I just need to work out on my arms and then I'll be set!
    That lace jacket is gorgeous! 

I'm focusing on my arms right now too - I feel like it's too late for me to make major changes elsewhere, but another 5.5 weeks of lifting should give me a little extra tone. 

5.5 week. Eeeeekkk!!!!
  • Options
    That lace jacket is gorgeous! 

I'm focusing on my arms right now too - I feel like it's too late for me to make major changes elsewhere, but another 5.5 weeks of lifting should give me a little extra tone. 

5.5 week. Eeeeekkk!!!!

I know!!! So exciting!!!! I can't believe it's coming so soon!! Feels like only yesterday that we were all like "One Year to go!!" now, it's ONE MONTH!
  • Options
    Had my final fitting yesterday! Everything fit great, although there's some tulle on my dress that was laying weird, so the seamstress will take care of that. They'll press it and I can pick it up on 10/25! We're having a destination wedding, so hope the pressing stays nice when I carry it on the plane! Now to just maintain the weight, or even loose a pound or two...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had my first fitting on the 5th, and my second fitting will be the 26th. (My wedding is Nov. 30th though, so I've still got time). I hadn't tried on the dress since I bought it over a year ago, and was so nervous that my tastes changed or it wouldn't look like I remembered it. I love it even more now! I am so excited for the alterations to be done! We are changing it from a zipper back to a corset back, adding sleeves, and figuring out how to bustle it. On the 26th, it should already have the corset. I can't wait!
  • Options
    Well I did my first fitting! It needs to be taken in a lot, hemmed, and a add a bustle but I LOVE my dress. Here's what it looked like all pinned/clipped. 
  • Options
    @mrspizanotobe - that dress is *gorgeous* and you look sooo happy in it!  Congrats.  
  • Options
    @cedixon0 thanks! I really am so happy, can't wait to wear it again!
  • Options
    I had my final fitting today! It was perfect!  So happy to have it at the house again, Leaving it somewhere really made me nervous.
  • Options
    My first fitting is on Wednesday and I am SO nervous!
  • Options
    silviamrcln02silviamrcln02 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2013
    Not sure why it's sideways
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards