Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Rehearsal Dinner Downtown

We're having our wedding reception at the Omni William Penn. We'd like to have the rehearsal dinner downtown at a nearby restaurant. We'd like for it to be walking distance from the hotel because it will be cold! (Winter Wedding in February). Unfortunately, we can't afford to invite all of the out of town guests, but would like for them to meet us afterwards for a few drinks at a bar near the dinner. Any suggestions or opinions? I'm looking at Six Penn Kitchen and Papa J's Centro?

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Downtown

• Options
    carcrashheartcarcrashheart member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    both good choices. i personally prefer papa j's. it's about a 7 block walk or so. six penn is the same or farther. what about capital grille? it's a bit closer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    MRadsMRads member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about Cafe Euro...its in the Steel Tower right across from the William Penn...I've been to functions there before, and I think they have space for parties...Papa J's is one of my favorite restaurants, but I'd be hesitant to make my guests walk that far...I think its five blocks over and four blocks down.

The William Penn has restaurants and the food at the restaurants are different than the food that I had for events in the ballroom.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • Options
    dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    edited December 2011

Cafe Euro is now gone and Damon's is the restaurant at the bottom of the Steel bldg now!

There is the Terrace room with is an ok restaurant in the Omni. Also near by is the Carlton (BNY Mellon bldg), Habitat - in PNC 3 building, and McCormick and Scmicks in Piatt Place.

Personally, I like Six Penn best .. but thats going to be quite a walk for your guests.

• Options
    MRadsMRads member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_rehearsal-dinner-downtown?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:dabfc3f2-bb46-4824-8838-23a0a62e12f3Post:d1dd6c25-fc20-452a-b520-794182795804">Re: Rehearsal Dinner Downtown</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cafe Euro is now gone and Damon's is the restaurant at the bottom of the Steel bldg now!"

What?!  When I worked downtown I would meet up with friends after work for drinks all the time...that's where I met FI...man, I feel so out of the loop now working outside of downtown

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • Options
    jenice95jenice95 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

A friend of mine had her rehearsal dinner at the Princeton, Harvard, Yale club which is a block away from the Omni. They may allow non-members to use the club for events, but I'm not sure. May be worth contacting them. HTH!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_rehearsal-dinner-downtown?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:dabfc3f2-bb46-4824-8838-23a0a62e12f3Post:3e817083-5906-4ed0-bf36-488539466999">Re: Rehearsal Dinner Downtown</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rehearsal Dinner Downtown : [QUOTE]Cafe Euro is now gone and Damon's is the restaurant at the bottom of the Steel bldg now!" What?!  When I worked downtown I would meet up with friends after work for drinks all the time...that's where I met FI...man, I feel so out of the loop now working outside of downtown
    Posted by MRads[/QUOTE]

I know! i just found out recently too - I work on the north shore now but when I worked downtown I used to go to Cafe Euro often for Happy Hrs or before a Pens game. I recently went there before a Pens game last week and its basically the same set up as Cafe Euro - just different menu and more TVs.

• Options
    CLW102409CLW102409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's a new place on Fourth Ave called Tavern 245 or Tonic Bar & Grill.
    image Ivory
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really appreciate all the help! I haven't lived in Pittsburgh for about 8 years so I have no clue what is or isn't open anymore either! I'm going to start looking into all these suggestions ASAP!
  • Options
    MRadsMRads member
    edited December 2011
    There is also Paradiso Ristorante in the Oxford Center, which is just two blocks from the Omni on Grant.  I've gone to the HYP club for fundraiser and it is beautiful and just across the street from the Omni William Penn...I hosted one and Im not a graduate of any of those schools...its absolutely beautiful

Baby boy 7.10.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards