Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Small wedding in Chicago...wedding venue ideas?

I'm planning a small second wedding (approx 35) in Chicago but not being from there (my groom is) I don't know of many venues that would economically serve this small number. Any ideas of restaurants or other unique ideas for the ceremony/reception?

Re: Small wedding in Chicago...wedding venue ideas?

• Options
    I would post this to your local board - this is an international board, so not as many people are familiar w/ Chicago. 

@KatWAG - any ideas for this bride-to-be?
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited October 2013

hmmm. tough one. I would stick with a restaurant. I dont know if you want elegant or more causal. But here are a few places to look into: Carnival, Gemini Bisto, J. Parker, The Publican, The Gage, Balena and Sepia. All these places have private rooms and I think could hold great events. There are some other fun venues (Salvage One, Architechural  Artifacts, Kitchen, etc) but if you are having such small group, why pay for a place that could hold 150+ people?

Does your fi or his family have a favorite/ special restaurant that you could use?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We had a rehersal dinner at the mid america club. There was a cocktail hour, open bar, and 3 course meal. We were about 30 people in a private room, and it has a spectacular view of chicago (like 80 stories high?)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Mid America Club is a really good idea. Also consider the Signature Room.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    You could also contact Lettuce Entertain You.  They are a restaurant group that does weddings at many of their venues. 
  • Options
    Thanks Guys! All great ideas, I'll look into them!
  • Options
    I'd also check out some mid-range hotels (I'm thinking like Hilton Garden Inn size-wise) that offer some meeting/ballroom space but aren't suitable for giant weddings.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards