May 2014 Weddings

Aahh so excited, have to share.....

I won a contest form a radio station to meet David Tutera this Thursday!!!!! He's appearing at some new wedding store event or something....I don't really know my brain kinda just stopped working after seeing his name, meet, and this Thursday in my email lol. I love watching his shows and I'm super excited to get to meet him!  While I've reached the point in my planning where I don't need any advice from David Tutera (gasp! what woman ever says that?? lol) my mom, who is going with me since FI has overtime that night, wants his advice on what MOB dress she should get and said she already plans on showing him the pics on her phone lol.
Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Aahh so excited, have to share.....

• Congratulations! That's so exciting! What shows is he from? His name sounds familiar... but I've watched SO many wedding shows, haha.

And that's so funny about the pics on the phone. I would totally do that too! :)

• So exciting!  Congrats!
  • Thanks ladies! @kellibastien he does the show my fair wedding.
    Anniversary

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Oh yeah! OMG. You must tell us how it goes Thursday! :)
  • Agreed! I'm so excited to hear about this!

• I'm so excited and jealous!!!!

Can't wait to hear all about it!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sooooo, I just got home a little while ago from the event and meeting him. Here's a photo my mom took, I have to go back to the store to pick up the photo that the professional photographer took (apparently it will also be "framed" though I'm not expecting anything super pretty/big).  

And here's my little summary of the evening:

- We waited outside in a line of velvet red ropes (so fancy!) and got "checked in" to make sure we were on the list.  Even though it was a little chilly, it wasn't too long of a wait especially since we were one of the first in line (pays to get there early!! lol).  One of the women who works at the store came out and offered bottled water to everyone while we waited, but again cold water while it's cold outside probably wasn't a smart idea but it was nice.  What annoyed me was that the store staff kept letting their friends either cut the line or get off the line and go inside earlier than everyone else.

-Once inside we waited on line again, got handed a head shot of David Tutera for him to sign, and oogled at all the sparkly jewelry they had.

- Met David - he is super sweet and very nice, even signed one of our save the dates I brought with me!! (Also, a lot shorter than I expected him to be lol.) He had his little baby girl with him and his dog who was just wandering around the store (the dog, not the baby) and I got to pet her (again, the dog, not the baby lol).  Only really got to spend like 20 seconds with him (enough time for the autographs, a photo or two and a quick lil chat).  I was a little "star-struck" so I didn't really talk too much with him as I didn't know what to say!

-The downside: It was a small store and a lot of people so it got cramped at times, especially when this guy proposed to his girl in front of David (um, it was kinda a giveaway when he's standing there with the ring box in his hand while waiting online).  Also a majority of the staff was really snobby, I mean it was kinda expected for the type of store it was (a designer jewelry boutique) and the area we were in, but if you're hosting a special event wouldn't you want to be nice to the people there so that they either buy something right then and there or come back later to buy.  I mean there were some employees who were chatting up some people and helping them try on rings, but mostly everyone walked past me, my mom and my friend with just a smile & a nod not even asking if we were interested in looking at anything or needed any help.

Anyways, we still had a good time and like I said David Tutera was such the sweetheart!

Anniversary

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Well that sucks they were so snobby... But glad you had a good time otherwise! :) That's so cool you got to meet him! And good thinking with him signing your save the date... what a great momento!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards