Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Montgomery County - Florist and Limo needed!

Hello, I'm trying to find reasonably priced services for our April wedding. It will be a saturday afternoon, I need two separate limos or some type of transportation for each party to arrive at the ceremony, and possibly some sort of fancy car for us to leave us. That last thing is up in the air, but the two limos are for ONE WAY only. Everything is at the same location.

More importantly right now, I need a florist! Our budget is only about $600 which I thought was enough but I'm getting nervous. I will use whatever is in season, I don't care about the type of flowers, but I need my bouquet and for 5 bridesmaids, boutonnieres for 5 groomsmen, groom, 2 dads and I think 2 corsages for our mothers. Is that typical? To get something for the moms? Is my budget unrealistic? I had no idea flowers were so expensive, especially since we will literally use them for all of 20 minutes. Suggestions, referrals and tips on how to save money on flowers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Re: Montgomery County - Florist and Limo needed!

• Options
    We used King Limo for our transportation and they were more affordable than other limo companies we looked at.

For flowers, I think your budget is a little low, but may be doable since you aren't looking for centerpieces or ceremony flowers.  We used a friend of a family friend  and only used in season flowers, so I don't have a florist to recommend.  I will say that it's typical to get flowers for you, your BMs, your moms, your grandmom(s), your FI, your GMs, your dads, your granddad(s), and readers.

We had a similar sized bridal party plus our 2 moms, 2 dads, 1 grandmom, 3 readers, and 2 flower girls.  With tax we paid $860 for just those flowers. (We also had centerpieces and ceremony decor, which brought our total way higher.)
  • Options
    I also think your budget may be a little low, but you never know.  If you're okay with using less expensive flowers like carnations and having smaller bouquets, that might work for you.  Rather than looking at the flowers as being used for 20 minutes, remember that your bouquet will be photographed a lot - mine was!  And my bridesmaids with their bouquets were also in a lot of pictures.  And then our flowers were re-used at our wedding for decoration. My florist did an amazing job with our flowers and she works with all kinds of budgets.  She'll be very honest with you about costs if you meet with her.  Check her out at WhimsicalWelcomes.com.  She also has a blog with a lot of pictures on it.  And I loved working with her. I'm sure she can help you out.  She's located in Skippack in Montco.   We used a classic car that a family friend owned so I can't help you with that.
  • Options
    i'm not sure about transportation but the florist i am using is located in northeast philly (will deliver). it's called Garden Parties Bridal and the owner is Joan ph# 215-333-2025. i'm doing my bouquet, 4 bridesmaids, 2 flower girls and she threw in the bouquet toss for free. i'm paying about $250. she's VERY reasonable and i've been to several wedding she has done and they are great! i'm probably going to add a couple of things because her prices are so good!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My florist was awesome too, Precious Petals. Darlene is based in Huntingdon Valley. I had some budget concerns as well and she was completely willing to work with me and immediately suggested things that brought the cost down.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I used Precious Petals too. Darlene was awesome.  I highly recommend her.
    image 211 Invited image 153 Ready to Party image 58 Are Missing Out Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Where in MontCo are you? I am using Aching Back and they have been AWESOME to work with so far. You wouldn't even know that they do wedding flowers as they are more of a garden center, but Kelli is great. They are located in Limerick/Sanatoga by the Outlets
  • Options
    Limerick
  • Options
    A florist who uses some really interesting and unique details is An Enchanted Florist in Skippack. Their work is very whimsical. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards