Wedding Party

job for 13 year old boy

I am trying to come up with a job that my FI 13 year old nephew could do for the wedding. We feel like he may be to old to be a ring bearer but to young to be a groomsmen/usher. Any suggestions?

Re: job for 13 year old boy

• he will actually be 14 at time of wedding

• He's old enough to be a groomsman or usher. Really, all a groomsman needs to do is walk down the aisle. Ushers just direct people to their seats. Remember it's also an honor to be a guest. Good luck!
    Agreed.  The only thing an usher needs to know is his left from right side, and the ability to repeat the phrase, "Are you a friend of the bride or the groom."
  • Agreed that groomsman is appropriate, assuming he even wants a "job".
  • Assuming that he even wants to participate, he can do so as a groomsman, usher, or reader.
  • Do you have to include him in your wedding?  And nobody wants a "job" unless you plan on paying an hourly wage.

He can be a groomsman or an usher.  Anything else you try to think of will just be pointless and meaningless to him.

• i included my 12 year old nephew as a groomsman.  I think he enjoyed being included.

• 14 isn't too young to be a GM or usher if you want him to be either or both of those.  

Alternatively he could be a reader or a guest.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • My 13-year-old cousin was going to be an usher. That's not too young at all. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards