Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Spanx... ADVICE PLEASE

So I went to Dillard's and tried on two different styles of Spanx. I really honestly didn't notice a difference in the way I looked with them on. They are really expensive and I didn't want to waste my money if I was going to look exactly the same. I thought they were supposed to help you look two sizes smaller???? I tried the Trust your Thinstincts and one other kind that went from under my ribs to my thighs. Are they any kinds that you recommend that would shrink the size of my hips and stomach?

Re: Spanx... ADVICE PLEASE

• I got what I wore from target on clearance for like, $20. It was just to smooth out my belly though, it didn't to legs or thighs. I don't think anything will 'shrink' your body.

Also, the one I got had snaps on the crotch for going to the bathroom - which was a huge help. something to keep in mind when you're looking. If it didn't have that I would have had to take off my dress to go.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• I got what I wore from target on clearance for like, $20. It was just to smooth out my belly though, it didn't to legs or thighs. I don't think anything will 'shrink' your body.

Also, the one I got had snaps on the crotch for going to the bathroom - which was a huge help. something to keep in mind when you're looking. If it didn't have that I would have had to take off my dress to go.
    OMG great idea!!!! But I don't need any smoothing... I need SHRINKING by like 10 pounds lol.
  • I googled it Hanes sells a few and Belk sells Miraclesuit strapless( they are removable) slimming body briefer.
  • Ohhhh thanks!!!!
  • With the Spanx are you sure you tried on the right size? I like to take a variety of sizes because the term "true to size" makes me absolutely cringe. I work in a lingerie store and everyone is shaped different. Nothing is going to fit one person like the next person. I personally have tried on spanx and I was able to wear a size smaller in clothes while I was wearing the spanx and it is indeed what I will be wearing under my wedding dress. And you are correct in saying that spanx is expensive however if cared for properly it was last for a long time.
  • Well, I tried on the S and M because the girl told me I am a small. I normally wear a 4-6, so I can go either way. When I asked the salesperson, she told me that it's just the way spanx are. They aren't made to make you "smaller." So I just said "oh well, guess the only thing that will work is a diet."
  • I've used the brand 'Assets' available at Target, and was impressed with the lifting and pulling those little fibers managed to do around my rear end.  Good stuff. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ven&Radio said:
    You wear a size 4-6 and you feel the need to look 2 sizes smaller?? 
    Definitely... I am pretty short, so a 4-6 isn't that small on me really. I know how that sounds. Oh gosh, I'll just stop. Sorry.
  • They're not really going to make you smaller, they'll just smooth you out and suck you in. Especially at your size. I'm a 0-2 and I'm considering getting pair for under my wedding dress just because of how fitted it is in the hips.
    Anniversary
  • I basically just want something to give me that hourglass shape. I don't have that at this point. lol
  • As a bigger girl I wear "shrinkers" as I call them all the time. last year I found the Body Magic. So much more amazing than spanx. It shrinks me personally about 2 sizes but one of my bridesmaids wore it and her's was a little more. i guess it depends on your body type.

www.ardyss.com
  • aw snap, I gotta find some of these! Thanks!!!!
  • I bought a pair of Spanx off of eBay.  Normally I'd wear a Large in everything but next week I'm starting a new fitness regiment so I bought a Medium.  They already fit!  So hopefully it'll get better.  But I recommend eBay for everything.
  • JLynG09 said:
    I bought a pair of Spanx off of eBay.  Normally I'd wear a Large in everything but next week I'm starting a new fitness regiment so I bought a Medium.  They already fit!  So hopefully it'll get better.  But I recommend eBay for everything.
    Awesome! Thanks!
  • If youre looking to help create a waist line, i strongly suggest a waist nipper rather than something like spanx. (I actually use both, spanx first, waist nipper over) it DEFINITELY helps put curves in the right places. My legs and arms and shoulders are all a great shape, but all of my weight is in my torso, so the waist nipper is a godsend. My favorite is: http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-505154/flexees-by-maidenform-easy-up-firm-control-waist-nipper-2368.jsp
  • @Llikotdesserd can I get it in store at Kohl's?
  • Ven&Radio said:
    You wear a size 4-6 and you feel the need to look 2 sizes smaller?? 
    This entire thread saddens me.  What are you all doing to yourselves?

• @katieg520 - YES! I actually found mine in store, and then found out they also sell it online.
  • Thank you!!!
  • Ah yeah, to get an hour glass shape if your body isn't normally shaped like that I agree with an above poster. Spanx isn't going to do that but a waist nipper will do an awesome job!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards