Knottie Tech Help

@KnotPorscha - TK Live

This is seriously an issue. Every time I try to go to a new board or thread I get stuck with this stupid Knot Live video and there is no way out except to go back in my browser and try again. It doesn't matter what I click I get taken to that stupid video.

It's the worst and needs to be fixed. It just makes using this site frustrating and I'd rather just go somewhere else.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 

Re: @KnotPorscha - TK Live

• We're having the same issue and notified the team working on Knot Live. Apologies for the inconvenience. Will have an update as soon as we can.
  • This isn't happening to me at all. Wonder why it's different?  I'm using Firefox, if it makes a difference.
  • @RebeccaB88 TK live happens during the day; that's why you're not experiencing it now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • I think TK Live has only popped up for me once.  But I think it remembers me from previous times it ran at the stop of my screen and me cussing it out so it is probably afraid to pop up to much now LOL!

• I have been online during the day plenty of times. Still haven't seen it.  @kristbot
  • It's getting worse for me.
  • We're looking into this with tech this morning.

TK Live is covering bridal fashion week this weekend and plans to live stream fashion shows via a banner on our site.
  • Seriously, the only way the site is useable this morning is if I turn up my adblocker to 11. You don't want me blocking your ads? Make them less intrusive.
  • Yeah, the large banner at the top is annoying and not relevant.  I can't close out and it is affecting how I can use the site.  Please make it go away.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Ditto everyone else.  Make it stop.  Or at least give us the option to turn it off.  It's making use of the message boards really frustrating.

• The TK Live banner is causing the message boards not to load and if they do, the layout is all weird. It's almost too much work to read the boards. When is bride fashion week over?
  • The TK Live banner is annoying as hell.  It should be an option for users to watch it if they want to and close it down if they don't.  It really makes looking through the site and the board a pain in the ass.

• The TK Live banner is annoying as hell.  It should be an option for users to watch it if they want to and close it down if they don't.  It really makes looking through the site and the board a pain in the ass.
    This. 
  • edited October 2013
    I completely agree that its making it difficult to view the boards. Waiting to hear if there is a way members can at the very least minimize the feed during the live stream this weekend.

ETA: The live stream will be running throughout the site today through Monday evening after the Knot Gala. We should see the site (including community) back to what we're used to by Tuesday morning.
  • I've never had a problem with TK Live until today, and I'm ready to punch a unicorn. It's so intrusive and whoever designed it obviously has no u/x experience. Do your designers even realize that Apple has made scrolling bars hidden (unless you turn the feature off)? Users can't even figure out how to read a post now because this obnoxious banner hides the tops of every posts. 
  • I have it too and it sucks. I'm not comeng back to this website until it's fixed. Beyoooooond annoying.
  • @KnotPorscha - it's causing crazy formatting which makes scrolling threads difficult, takes forever to load threads and even has put a delay on my keystrokes showing up.  I'll check again later today but if it's essentially the same I'll just plan on not visiting TK during the fashion shows.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • @KnotPorscha
    This banner problem is also on every page of my wedding website.  I am trying to update my guests on important information regarding our hotel availability and if they go on my wedding website they can't even see any of the pages without this huge video only of interest to brides playing obnoxiously across the whole top of the screen.  I am too embarrassed now to even send the update via the Knot.  I am going to have to start using email groups to correspond with my guests and try to build a new webpage elsewhere.  I can't even use the other aspects of this website anymore as they have become so dysfunctional. Favorites no longer load at once or by category etc.  I have posted before for help with these issues going back a month with no response.  I give up.  This site has wasted my time and is unresponsive to its members.  If the Knot wants to keep members you should just remove the banner and revert your site back to its original structure.  It was a great tool over the summer and it helped me plan my wedding at that time, although now most of that work is trashed.
  • mabmeghanmabmeghan member
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2013
    @KnotPorscha
    Is there any customer service email or telephone # at all for this site?
    Are the message boards the only place where you offer an ability to contact the site regarding problems?
    Disregard this question I've found the # & email
  • For anyone else upset by this and other tech issues...
    I just spoke with someone very helpful and patient in tech help and they have been getting A LOT of calls and have been bringing this issue to the attention of management.
    It seems that the banner will be removed most likely Monday, but possibly sooner.
    Emailing feedback@theknot.com is the best way for members to ensure this happens!!
    PLEASE take a second to let management know directly from its members how this is impeding your use of this website.  
  • We were able to have the banner remove this afternoon. Please try to refresh or close and reopen the page and it should be formatted properly now. Thank you everyone for your feedback, it really helped in getting the issue resolved.
  • @KnotPorscha ... what gives? its back...
    Anniversary
  • edited October 2013
    The tech team removed the banner to work on the scrolling issue. It looks like it will remain on our site for the rest of bridal fashion week concluding on Monday evening. Please let me know if you start to have issues with pages loading again and I will let them know.

ETA: There is a pause button to keep it from playing while going through the boards.
  • *sigh*...fine...I guess I will just limit my time here...its frustrating they can't just remove it from the forum pages.
    Anniversary
  • I still have not had a problem with it on my laptop. However, it is a massive issue on my Kindle Fire today.  Instead of a banner, when I tap a post to read it or reply, I'm immediately redirected to another screen for the stream.  There is no way to back out of it and my back button takes me back to the TK boards homepage, not the message I wanted.  It has taken me several tries to read and reply to some threads.  The redirection is merciless. 

TK should not force people to watch this stuff.  If they want to carry it, it needs to be on its own page where you have to click on a link if you choose to see it. I'm going to just go play on pinterest until you wake up and fix this.  
  • My big issue now is that if I go away from TK and let the page sit open while I do other things, it automatically reloads to my "My Knot" page, then I have to click back through to the forums.

Can they really not create an switch to close it? Not everybody wants to see this.  Especially the poor girl above who can't get it off her wedding website.

This is ridiculous.

• Ok and the stupid thing just bounced me out of the forums while I was typing.

• @KnotPorscha  It's still messed up.  When it's paused for a long period of time, it just restarts.  Also what Mrs.Mack10612 said: I was typing a comment and it refreshed the page and brought me to the TOS page.  ???
  • @KnotPorscha, are the 'tech' apes basically saying that they can't/won't take this down because TK has already paid for everything and can't get their money back if they don't leave it up?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards