October 2014 Weddings

Dress Shopping Appt

I'm planning on starting my dress shopping in December when my out of state bridemaids will be home for the holidays. When should I start calling shops and making appts? I'm concerned that the holidays might be a busy time, and I just don't want to wait too long and then not be able to get in anywhere.

Any advice would be helpful! Thanks!

Re: Dress Shopping Appt

• A week or 2 in advance should be fine. I always call to confirm a couple of days before, but that may just be overkill. 

I'm pretty sure that would be the standard anywhere.

Have fun!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• How fun. Do you know what style dress you are thinking you might like best?
  • Thanks! I was wondering if I should call now, but I didn't want to be the over kill kind of Bride. I'll hold off until early December.  I want lace. Strange because when I was younger I always envisioned strapless satin, and now I'm thinking cap sleeved vintage inspired lace dress, but I've been told you never really know until you try them on :)
  • It all depends on where you live and how popular the shop is. There is a place in my town that is very popular and I had to wait 3 weeks to get an appointment where as there is another bridal shop that I was able to make an appointment 2 days prior. I like to plan and HATE unexpected bad news so if you can make appointments now and just confirm a few day before like @teddiD34 suggested
  • It really doesn't matter what the shop people will think of you. Make the appointment now so you secure the time and date. Also your maids will have a timeframe to work around when they are filling up their calendar.
  • I made my appt 2 weeks for an appt this sat..foolish me thought I could just go in without an appt. wasn't thinking at all. I am bracing myself for an emotional time, as my mom passed away 2 years ago. Although my sister (my matron of honor) and my 2 aunts will be with me, it won't be the same wilt her being there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards