Students

Thinking of Starting a blog...advice ?

Okay so i have been thinking about stating a blog for awhile now. I love reading others, and would just enjoy posting about the wedding planning, finishing my undergrad, starting grad school, buying a home and all of the other fun things to come in the next few years! Also i love scrapbooking and digital scrapbooks so i think it would be fun to make my page represent me, with lots of pictures. I don't have any experience with blogging though, so I'm wondering if any of you blog and if so if you have any advice on how to start and all of that fun stuff. Thanks! 

Re: Thinking of Starting a blog...advice ?

• I'll take a look, thanks! 
  • I'm in a similar boat. I'm thinking of starting a personal wedding blog to share all the updates with my family since a lot of close family members live far away. Does anyone else have any experience with that? It's going to be based off of on our wedding site.
  • I have a vegan blog where I'm also blogging about the vegan aspects of my wedding. I say go for it.
  • I have a friend that started a blog off of planning her wedding and it was a great idea to inform everyone of the details. Now she uses talking about her toddler. It is an awesome idea. I want to start one too 
  • They are so much fun! I started one 4 years ago when me and my FH (boyfriend then) were separated due to the military. It helps because sometimes you need to get stuff off your chest and you can post it there if you do not have anyone to talk about it with.  I feel like the hardest thing is to keep it up. I posted every day for a good 6 months then after that I slacked off. There are so many blog sites out there that are free. Have fun with it. I am also in your boat where my FH family is far away from us so it would be a great way to keep everyone in the loop. 
  • I have a blog! Mine is a healthy living/lifestyle blog, so I end up documenting most of my life. It's been great to keepsake all of the memories of our engagement and the little moments in life I'd end up forgetting. My blog is www.lovelywifelovelylife.com if you'd like to take a look. Feel free to ask me any questions! Also, I use Wordpress and I love it :)
  • I have used both Blogspot and Wordpress.  I definitely think Wordpress is the better of the two.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards