Chit Chat
Options

FI is SOOOO bad at weddings....

I found out today, 4 days away from our wedding day, that FI never told his groomsmen what color vests/ties they are supposed to be wearing. We decided MONTHS ago that they would wear gray slacks, and a vest and tie in their choice of our three colors. They didn't even have to be an exact shade or style.  They could get them wherever they wanted.  We didn't want them to be all matchy matchy. We made it as easy for them as we could. Apparently FI decided that it didn't matter, and when they all started calling him he just told them to wear whatever they've got.  So now everyone else is going to be color coordinated except for the groomsmen, who will all be wearing god knows what.  I wanted to strangle him. Then he didn't understand why I was upset.. "They're still going to look nice".. good lord, not the point.  We were going for a whole unified look. Hopefully none of them will show up in something that completely clashes with our colors. It's not the end of the world, but it is frustrating.  Like why did I bother color coordinating EVERYTHING else, if it's just going to be a free for all. 

Ugh..not going to ruin my wedding.  But damn. 

Re: FI is SOOOO bad at weddings....

• Options
    One of my H's groomsmen forgot he was in the wedding. We had our guys in black slacks and a white shirt, and he shows up in khaki shorts and a t shirt. Fortunately he and H are the same size and H had extra fancy clothes. Hos wife even asked him three times if he had packed his clothes for the wedding. Oy....
  • Options
    How on earth do you forget that you're IN the wedding??  That's hilarious

• Options
    He has some memory loss due to a car accident he was in several years ago. His short term isn't so great. But still, he usually remembers big stuff. DH says even before the accident, the guy was a doofus. He's a great guy though. Just special.
  • Options
    this makes me so glad that we have my MOH and his BM and that's it. i can't imagine trying to co-ordinate more than just the 4 of us...
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • Options
    That makes sense.  At least he has a good reason for it, otherwise it could be a bit embarrassing.  

• Options
    I would probably just buy them vests, that way you ensure some continuity. 
  • Options
    He has some memory loss due to a car accident he was in several years ago. His short term isn't so great. But still, he usually remembers big stuff. DH says even before the accident, the guy was a doofus. He's a great guy though. Just special.
    Knowing that why didn't his wife just pack for him or at least double check that he had everything?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would just go buy them ties in whatever color you want.  Ties are pretty inexpensive.  
  • Options
    WonderRedWonderRed member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited October 2013
    I would probably just buy them vests, that way you ensure some continuity. 
    We bought FI's vest/tie set on Amazon for $19.    I don't know  that you can't order them at this point but I agree that I would take matters into your own hands.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards