Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Venue ideas-NOT CANDIA WOODS

Everyone’s got there bad wedding stories. I’m sure mine tops yours.

The day itself was beautiful and we had a fun night thanks to our DJ and Photographer. Wish I could say for the wedding venue. To shorten the VERY long list of issues we had; here are the few major ones:

1.       Original date was in June, more expensive because of wedding season and Saturday night, had to reschedule because I got pregnant, changed to October and a Friday night. Same price, no discount

2.       Wedding coordinator missed a meeting of ours (30 minutes from our house) asks us to come back and is late when we do

3.       Never helped out with cake and flowers, which was included in our package

4.       Never gave us a food tasting, which was mentioned to us from day 1

5.       Tried to change prices on us because “prices changed in 2013” never gave us our original SIGNED contract price, “worked” with us and split the difference

6.       Tried to change our rehearsal time, two weeks prior to it

7.       Assistant to wedding coordinator was trying to talk about another bride in front of me and ends up offending me because she didn’t know she was in fact talking about me.

8.       Wedding coordinator and assistant talked for 20 minutes while my bridesmaids struggled on my bustle on my dress, comes over and tells me this is why she tells brides to make sure they learn it

9.       Tells our DJ to stop playing music an hour before our contact time ended, and shut the bar down early

10.   I email the manager, he says he is stunned and is taking my letter very seriously, will be talking to her and getting back to me.

11.   Emails me back and tells me she is upset and thinks that she could have handled some situations better but there were many borderline and intoxicated people at the wedding reception(LIE, no one was THAT drunk)

12.   Says nothing about any of the insults or time, pricing, etc., when I ask again in an email back, he tells me he is sorry again and wishes us a healthy and happy life.

WORST experience ever at Candia Woods Golf Links, Candia, NH. Save yourself the trouble and stress and find somewhere else. 

Re: Venue ideas-NOT CANDIA WOODS

• Options
    If you didn't already, you should post this review on your local board so that brides in your area will be able to see it.
  • Options
    Sorry you feel like you had the worst wedding experience, but honestly, it doesn't seem that bad compared to some stories I've heard.  The points that really stand out for me though....

Not sure why you would expect the venue to help bustle your dress......I had to bring someone to my last fitting to learn how to do it....that's not the venue's job.  Sure, maybe it would be NICE to help, but it should never be expected.  

Same thing with moving the wedding date.  It's not the venue's fault you got pregnant and had to move the date.  In fact, you should be thankful they let you move it without charging you more!  October is prime wedding season now.  Perhaps a Friday would be slightly cheaper, but the fact that they let you change it should cancel that out.

As for the contract, why would you ever sign something and not get a copy yourself?  That, unfortunately, is your fault.

In the end, you got married.  That's what's important.  Be thankful and happy for that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards