Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Invitation Question

I am not sure how to address the envelope that will be returned with the RSVP.  Did you put your name, you & your FI's names, your parents names?  I just don't know the correct way to do it - Thanks!

Re: Invitation Question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Whose address are you having them sent to?

Ours were addressed to my parents, since they were officially hosting the wedding (and all the RSVPs got sent back to them)

Vacation

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ours were sent to us, but to skirt any drama with us living together, or with the envelopes coming to us, I wrote "My Last Name - E's Last Name Wedding".
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep, it depends where the response cards will be going/ who is hosting the wedding.  Ours are going  to "J. Mylastname" at my mom's address, and coincidentally me, my mom and my dad all have a first name that starts with J, so it's sort of multi-purpose :)  (My parents are hosting the wedding.)

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine were sent to my parents with their names (Mr. and Mrs. MyMaidenName) and address. I just sent back an RSVP that was addressed to the brides name, yet it was her FI's address, lol. You can really do whatever you prefer.
  • Options
    CLW102409CLW102409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Since DH and I hosted our own wedding and we live together, I just put my first and last name! 

image Ivory
  • Options
    kime31kime31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions!  The wedding is being hosted/funded by us, and both sets of parents.  I am slightly concerned about creating drama with us living together (think 13 yrs. of catholic school).  So I think I will take NuNu's advice.  Thanks again!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DH and I lived together which would have been major catholic drama as well.  I had them sent to me at our address, even though my parents were hosting.  I wanted the thrill of opening the envelopes, and my rents live 7 hours away.  It worked for us, no one said anything.
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a stamper that says L&J HisLast, I'm just using that on ours. even though we aren't married yet.  I'm not ordering a boatload of address labels with my maiden name to use for 2 months. Plus most will go to my parents' house, but we want to have some of our friends' addressed to our place so we get to share in the fun of opening them!!!
    Crosswalk
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards