Honeymoon Discussions

What to do?

We recently got engaged, 2 weeks ago. We have set a wedding date of October 11,2014- venue is booked! We have already booked a transatlantic cruise from Barcelona to the Caribbean, it's in September of 2014 and 2 week cruise. We got a good deal on it, but we can still cancel, until after Jan '14 We have been planning on it as we can't take off work for that and a honeymoon. My parents and a few other family members are going as well. My mom wanted to cancel too as it's weeks before our wedding. My dad just offered go on the cruise and he will pay all expenses and we just take a weekend getaway honeymoon. Fiancé has told me it's up to me, he is up for whatever. Question is what would you do? I know I have to make the decision but I keep going back and forth.

Re: What to do?

• You're probably going to need and want to take off a few days prior to the wedding. Plus, your parents would be with you on the cruise, so they won't be able to help with any last minute items should they arise. Also, if you're like me, being around my family for that long is stressful. You will already have stress from the wedding. Everyone is different, but I think you'll want to be around leading up to the wedding to keep things moving with the planning without even taking the time off into play. So, I'd say cancel.

•  Congrats on your engagement!! It's such an exciting time!! :)

If it were up to me, and I could only choose one trip due to time off, I'd choose the HM, 'for sure!' Yes, family trips are nice, but there's nothing like your HM! I'd much prefer the alone time with my Hubby, post wedding! I wouldn't have given that up for any other trip! :)

Congrats on your engagement!

*J
  • Why not do both?
    We're doing the big family trip too, right after our wedding date. Since we want a honeymoon trip alone, we decided to wait another 6 mos to a year till we had more time/money and go then.
  • @kitty- her big trip is right BEFORE her wedding. I think there is a difference between going somewhere after the wedding than being gone just before the wedding. I realize everyone I'd different, but being gone for two weeks just before a major event would give me stress hives! Lol

• @kitty- her big trip is right BEFORE her wedding. I think there is a difference between going somewhere after the wedding than being gone just before the wedding. I realize everyone I'd different, but being gone for two weeks just before a major event would give me stress hives! Lol

Fair point. I was assuming, since her date wasn't till the 11th, that we were talking at least a two-week time gap between the two.

OP, if you have at least two weeks (3 would be better) between the cruise end date and the wedding, then feel free to go if you want to. If the trip will cut into those crunch weeks--yeah, I'd stay home.
  •  It wasn't whether or not she should go on both. She said she 'couldn't' go on both, because she couldn't get the time off. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards