August 2014 Weddings

Programs

Hi Everyone,

So I am starting to think of ideas in regards to wedding programs. Well, I've actually already decided I'm going to go with "fan" programs, but I honestly don't know how many to make! We're going to have about 200 guests after all is said and done (I assume this because we're inviting about 275! :-/ ) and I'm working on ordering the supplies for them, but I am at a loss when it comes to quantity of things. Anyone out there know how I should go about this?

THANKS!

Re: Programs

• jxx1919 said:

Hi Everyone,

So I am starting to think of ideas in regards to wedding programs. Well, I've actually already decided I'm going to go with "fan" programs, but I honestly don't know how many to make! We're going to have about 200 guests after all is said and done (I assume this because we're inviting about 275! :-/ ) and I'm working on ordering the supplies for them, but I am at a loss when it comes to quantity of things. Anyone out there know how I should go about this?

THANKS!

As a general rule you should never expect people not to come to a wedding. There have been many stories on here about brides who over-invited hoping for declines and then ran out of money/space for everyone. 100% attendance is possible and it does happen. Not trying to sound mean, just don't want you to have headaches down the line.

With that said, typically I would advise one program per couple (actaul Social Units that are dating).  Then one for each single person plus their date.  Then about 10% or 15% extra of that number.  But I like to be safe.  Given your guest list that could be anywhere from 160+.

If you wedding is outdoors and your area is prone to warmer weather I would be tempted to bet most people will pick up a program fan just to keep cool. In that event I would be prepared to make plenty of them.  How do you plan on making them?  (A single piece of card stock folded over a popsicle stick would be best if you need to make a large quantity.)  GL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards