New Jersey
Options

Whole Foods Flowers? Can anyone provide details?

I've heard good things about wedding flowers from Whole Foods.  I spoke to the lady in Madison who said it would be no problem and to come back by Nov to let her know what I want.  I'm going to meet with other florists as well but want to compare.  I know the other florists will try to talk me into more and I really don't want the wedding budget blown on flowers, but yet still want it to look nice.

Has anyone used or priced out flowers from Whole Foods?  Anyone work with Madison Whole Foods in particular? I don't want to be assembling anything!! Can I customize?  Will they replicate a picture? I plan on talking to them soon but wanted the quote from the other florist first so any information would be helpful.

THANKS!

Re: Whole Foods Flowers? Can anyone provide details?

• Options
    I would love this info, too, since I heard Whole Foods is an affordable flower source!
  • Options
    Might stop in there again this week and see...will let you know what they say. 
  • Options
    I considered using Whole Foods, but the closest one to my venue is about an hour away.  I had inquired about the availability of arrangements that they had on display in the store, and they seemed very willing to work within my color scheme and budget.  It just didn't seem like it was going to work out for me logistically because of the distance. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for keeping us updated mm0406! If you wouldn't mind, could you please post or PM me the florist's contact information?
  • Options
    I'm using Whole Foods in Union/Millburn. They were literally half of every other quote I got. I'm getting my bouquet, MOH bouquet, 5 bouts, 5 corsages for moms and female relatives, two flower girl bouquets, chuppah rental and flowers, and 14 low rose centerpieces, including delivery for $1700. The florist there is really wonderful and has done arrangements for me in the past.
  • Options
    I used a flowers from Wegman's for a shower.  The caveat was I had to pick them up but well worth it for the price and savings.
  • Options
    Remark711, how far is your venue from that Whole Foods? Do you happen to know if there's a delivery distance max? My venue is about 40 minutes away.
  • Options

Ok ladies, spoke with Laurie in the flower dept at whole foods in Madison yesterday.  I had dropped off some pictures of what I liked earlier in the week but she wasn't there to speak with then.  When I went back, she had looked at my pictures and sounded like everything was very do-able for her.  The only thing was she couldn't give me exact prices until mid-November.  My wedding is the weekend before Valentine's Day so she said sometimes the prices they get the flowers for fluctuate a little bit but being that I don't want any red or pink roses, it shouldn't be a problem.  She also said ivory roses would be special order at that time and a little more, but they had "vanilla" roses at regular price.  I really have no idea on the difference between ivory and vanilla even looking at them, so that was fine with me.  My bouquet will have some purple in it which will be a special order from a local vendor so that's the only real question, but being that it's just for one bouquet it shouldn't affect the price too much.

She told me bridesmaid bouquets would be $25-30 each, all bouts are $10, corsages for moms $20, and a basket with a little bouquet and some petals to drop for a flower girl would be $30.  Mine's the only big question but at those prices it's fine! 

I think I just have to have some trust and confidence as I won't know for another month, have nothing in writing, and she said she can't promise an exact shade of purple.  That's all fine with me (I think!) but if you are very particular about your flowers, I can see that that might be stressful.  I have no idea what the bouts and corsages will look like (just gave her colors) but I don't really care as long as they look nice!

I forgot to ask about pick up vs delivery but will check on that when I go back mid-Dec.  I can easily have a relative grab them for me.

Hope that helps!

• Options
    Do they also do centerpieces/other decor?
  • Options
    I think they will...I mentioned I might want some kind of candle ring of greenery or baby's breath to go around lanterns for centerpieces and she said they could do that, but I'm not doing any other flowers/centerpieces with them so I didn't really ask. 
  • Options
    Has anybody used the whole foods in west orange? I am getting married at the highlawn pavillion and thinking of using them.
  • Options
    I spoke with the floral department at the WO location, but didn't get any sort of pricing info from them. The woman was more than willing to do arrangements for my wedding; it was just too far from my venue.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm 99% sure the roses in my bouquet were "vanilla" roses and I couldn't tell the difference and loved how they looked (see photo).  This sounds like a great idea as I love the flowers at Madison Whole Foods - H and I get arrangements there all the time.  Wish I had thought of it!  Good luck!  
  • Options
    Has anybody used the whole foods in west orange? I am getting married at the highlawn pavillion and thinking of using them.
    @BrianaJane I'm also getting married at Highlawn and that Whole Foods at the bottom of the hill looks so tempting.  It's early for me to go get a floral quote (we are May 2015) but this thread just gave me the idea.  Please let me know if you talk to them or hear anything else, as I think this sounds like a great idea.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    I am getting married there may 24th 2015! Yeah it's too early for me too but it seems like a great idea. I'll let you know after I check it out :)
  • Options
    @BrianaJane You're exactly a week before me-- our wedding is the 30th!  Doesn't it feel like the wait is forever?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards