Christian Weddings
Options

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving everyone! Which means this weekend is a long weekend for me. Hurray for long weekends, and long weekends with lots of fun stuff planned! It also seems to be the weekend to get lots of things checked off my wedding to do list. We booked our photo booth and videographer last night. Met with our possible decorator. We'll for sure be renting our decor items from her, it's just a matter of if we can aford to have her decorate as well. Tomorrow I'll be going dress shopping with my Mom before Thanksgiving dinner at the FIL's. (It's a 3 pm dinner this year, which seems quite early, so between church and dinner we've only got about 2 hrs to shop, here's hoping we find something!) Then Monday I get to go for brunch with 3 old school friends to celebrate a recent engagement for one of them. In the evening I'll be doing Thanksgiving dinner with my family.

We've also decided on our wedding favours, thanks to a stranger in a Christmas store :) We're doing a winter theme wedding, so we were looking for snowflake Christmas ornaments, but we couldn't find something that we liked in our price range. I was pointing out some coasters to FI, not realizing that he had walked away to look at something else, and this lady makes a comment about his disinterest. I don't usually strike up conversations with strangers, but I started to tell her about how we were looking for something to use as a wedding favour. She told me about a wedding she had been to, where the couple had made their own by getting clear ball ornaments, and dripping some paint inside and swirling it around. The lady said she still uses the ornaments every year, and thinks about the couple when she hangs them on her tree. I love this idea, and I know not everyone will use them, but hopefully most people like them.

And just because I'm in the Thankful mood, I'll add what I'm most thankful for this year.

1. My Dad, it's been almost 2 years since we got his cancer diagnosis, and he is alive and well. Praise the Lord!
  2. My wonderful FI, and the fact that in 35 days I will be his wife.
  3. I'm moved into the home where we will first live as husband & wife, and I'm getting settled in nicely.
  4. I've got a good job, with (mostly) wonderful co-workers!
  5. FI and I have a nice, reliable car for transportation.

Wedding Countdown Ticker:)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards