Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bridal Brunch versus Bridal Shower Brunch - what is the appropriate headline on the invitation?

Hello,

I am remarrying and do not want my bridesmaid to throw me a Bridal Shower, where the guests would bring gifts. Instead, we decided it would be welcoming to have a Brunch the weekend before the wedding. My bridesmaid is specifying on the invite "Your presence is your present!" to indicate that no material gifts are expected.

How does she call this event in the Invitation Headline: Bridal Brunch or Bridal Shower Brunch? Which is the most appropriate?

Also, some of the girlfriends have children. How to politely state that this event is only for the girls and no kids?

Thank you for your suggestions,

Maria B.

Re: Bridal Brunch versus Bridal Shower Brunch - what is the appropriate headline on the invitation?

• Options
    Hello,

I am remarrying and do not want my bridesmaid to throw me a Bridal Shower, where the guests would bring gifts. Instead, we decided it would be welcoming to have a Brunch the weekend before the wedding. My bridesmaid is specifying on the invite "Your presence is your present!" to indicate that no material gifts are expected.

How does she call this event in the Invitation Headline: Bridal Brunch or Bridal Shower Brunch? Which is the most appropriate?

Also, some of the girlfriends have children. How to politely state that this event is only for the girls and no kids?

Maria B.
    Hi Maria,

If your bridesmaids are hosting a party in your honor, you really need to stay out of the planning. If you have declined a shower, which is a gift-giving event, the invitations should state nothing about a bridal shower or gifts at all. Typically, a "Bridal Brunch" or "Bridal Tea" is thrown by the bride FOR the bridesmaids, so this is a bit out of the norm. I guess it would be sort of like a bachelorette party. A friend of mine had something similar.

The hosts of the event should simply write the invited guests' names on the envelope of the invitation. They should not mention anything about who isn't invited. I hope you enjoy the brunch and your wedding.
  • Options
    Hello,

Maria B.
    I'm confused by this.  Who are you welcoming?  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I don't find it out of the norm. My sister threw me a bridal luncheon as I didnt want a shower since it was my second wedding. I would leave out the word shower, as you are not being showered with gifts. Call it a bridal brunch and only list the name of the invited person on the envelope. GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    if the invite does not have registry info on it, people who would typically get a gift would start asking "where is the bride registered" where word of mouth can spread that it is not a shower so gifts are not expected.  many people still may choose to bring a gift whether you "want" it or not, so just go with the flow and graciously accept any gifts brought/ send a thank you afterwards.  And yes, stay out of the planning because you are not the host so let your bridesmaid take it from here.  

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards