Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

wedding dinner

We are having dinner after cocktail hour, before the actual dancing reception (we are on a 3 story yacht). Would it be weird to have naan (Indian wedding) or some other apatizer on the table before guests sit down. We are on a time crunch because the ceremony is an hour long.  Any suggestions on timeline techniques would be great.

Re: wedding dinner

• Options
    ttandmt said:

We are having dinner after cocktail hour, before the actual dancing reception (we are on a 3 story yacht). Would it be weird to have naan (Indian wedding) or some other apatizer on the table before guests sit down. We are on a time crunch because the ceremony is an hour long.  Any suggestions on timeline techniques would be great.

The bolded confuses me. Everything after your ceremony is the reception. Please tell me everyone you're inviting is welcome at all parts of the ceremony and reception.
  • Options
    I agree that the way you are describing your schedule is confusing. It sounds like your ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner and dancing are all in the same space, i.e they might be seated at their dinner seats while watching the ceremony or at least while at cocktail hour.  Your question seems to be would it be ok to have food available at the table.  The simple answer is yes.  Understand that people will eat it while it is available so if it might bother to have people munching while the ceremony is going on then don't put it out until afterwards, but honestly, you probably won't notice. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards