May 2014 Weddings
Options

We've got our date! May 31st!

We have a hold on our venue. It's out top choice and the date is the 31st. Yay. I was worried that we were cutting it short but of the 15 or so venues we looked at, only two did not have a Saturday in May available.
So that's a big stressor over. We just have to pay the deposit before next week and it's ours.
I've also found at least one dress I'm in love with, and I'm talking with the caterer I think we'll use.
I'd like to get those things out of the way so that I can focus on finishing this crazy semester at school.

Re: We've got our date! May 31st!

• Options
    Congrats on picking a date! That's my date too :)
  • Options

Hey, date twin! :)

Congrats on finding the venue! That can be the toughest part. Depending on your city/location, the only other thing I would look at finding next is a Photographer. They can sometimes book up fast :/

Good luck in school, and happy planning! :)

• Options
    Thanks!
    We're emailing photographers now, a couple are booked up for our date already but there are plenty in the area so hopefully we will still have a couple of options.
    We haven't even been engaged a month yet so I'm pretty happy with the progress.

• Options
    Congrats and welcome to the board!! That is our date as well!! :-) 
  • Options
    That's the week after meeee! :) Congratulations!!!

• Options
    I'm May 31st as well! Woohoo! I'm in the process of booking all my vendors because they get booked so quick. Already got my ceremony musicians, DJ, and videographer. Florists and photographers are so hard because they get book way in advance and they are very expensive. I'm gonna be sending out save the dates this week probably. Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    Ack you're way ahead of me. We are having such a short engagement that I feel a bit overwhelmed.
    The venue and dress are basically handled. Beyond that we are setting up meetings with caterers, photographers, DJs, officiants, and videographers. We've already had 3 cake tastings and are just waiting on proposals but I think we know who we want. We won't be using a florist.
    Is there anything else super urgent I'm completely blanking on?
  • Options
    If you need to order any bridesmaid dresses @ShellLillian, you'll have to do that sooner rather than later. Also, a lot of us are starting to look at/order invites, but that's not a pressing matter right now, so don't stress :) Sounds like you've got the major stuff covered!

• Options
    Thanks! I think I have two bridesmaids dresses I like for them to pick from. I actually got a swatch in the mail for them and I think they'll be great.

For invites, I'm going to be designing mine myself so I'm planning on getting started next week.

• Options
    Eek!  I just ordered my dress last weekend, and now my big stress-load is finding bridesmaid dresses!  I plan on paying for them myself, so I'd rather not spend more than $100.  Does anyone have any short, flowy, chiffon-like dress ideas that won't break the bank?  What do your bridesmaid dresses look like?
  • Options

This is what our bridemaid dresses will look like. We got them at David's Bridal. http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Long-Sheer-Chiffon-Dress-with-Beaded-Neckline-F14867_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-All-Bridesmaid-Dresses

Ours will be in the Begonia pink though. They look great on all my girls, and they are all different shapes and sizes.

I guess I'm not sure where to look for cheaper dresses, as we ONLY looked at DB. Sorry!

• Options
    ShellLillianShellLillian member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    Look at weddingtonway.com
    That's where I found the bridesmaids dresses we are going with. They are short, flowy, chiffon Alfred Angelo dresses and the girls like them a lot. They are $100.
    They have a ton on that site and they send swatches and everything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards