Illinois

Lake County, IL Rehearsal Dinner Locations??? Help!

I am getting married in August 2014 in Lake County just north of Chicago. We are looking for a sit down restaurant in the Lake County area that can accommodate 50 people and somehow include alcohol, all for around $1500 with tax & gratuity included. We ideally wanted Italian family style or buffet, but are open to other options. 
My future mother-in-law is paying for the dinner, and the budget was what she was hoping to spend. I have searched around and called a few places but am having trouble finding a semi-classy place in that price range. Any suggestions?

Re: Lake County, IL Rehearsal Dinner Locations??? Help!

• MobKazMobKaz Chicago suburbs member
    Knottie Warrior 5000 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    edited October 2013
    @kare1186....You might want to cross post this on the Illinois/Chicago board as it gets much more traffic than the Illinois board.  Is there a specific area in Lake County you are considering?

My daughter had her rehearsal at Wildfire in Lincolnshire.  They were wonderful to work with and very accommodating.  My daughter's MIL brought in some additional table decor, and had an extra table set up for little favors/place cards.  They arranged for a projector and screen because MIL made a short video for/about the bride and groom.  They also had no problem allowing outside food (a groom's cake) brought in for the night.

Biaggi's in Deer Park is a good Italian restaurant that can accommodate a party of 50. Maggiano's in Schaumburg is good, also.  Buca di Beppo in Wheeling is a little more casual but still very nice. Co-workers threw my daughter a bridal shower in an Italian restaurant in Libertyville.  I think it was Ristorante Bottaio.  I have also heard good things about Trattoria Pomigliano in Libertyville.  Francesca's in Barrington is also very good.  Enzo and Lucia in Long Grove, as well as Toscana in Arlington Heights.

If you can be a little more specific about the area you are considering, it might be more helpful.

• what Venue are you getting married at? You might want to have rehearsal somewhere near there. IF you tell us that, we can tell you a good place to have rehearsal dinner. Realistially, you want rehearsal dinner very near there since it tends to happen the night befofre the wedding
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards