October 2013 Weddings
Funny Little Things
So the wedding day was perfect. I mean it wasn't perfect - but I wouldn't have it go any other way. It was perfect, because it was our wedding day! I have been meaning to make a list - there were just so many funny little things that happened that I want to remember forever! So here it is, I'm trying to make it in chronological order (I bolded the ones that are actually funny):
- We ended up with a ton of time to kill after the salon, so me and 4 of my 5 bridesmaids ended up going to lunch at the same place I took them to lunch almost 8 months ago when we went dress shopping - we decided that was going to be 'our place'
- We were driving to the ceremony after lunch and were following a truck and were taking bets on whether or not it was the chairs for the ceremony - it was!
- When they were loading the chairs into the space they flipped the switch on a heater that was blowing 1000* air into the already hot space. Freak out trying to get that turned off!
- Having to stand on a chair to hang my dress up on the wall for photos
- Hanging up sheets on the doors so people couldn't see into the dressing room
- Hanging out in the tiny dressing room, with my neice who started freaking out for no reason
- Getting dressed and having 4 women all attacking the buttons on my dress at once
- My Mother in Law walking in and seeing me and crying instantly and turning right back around - didn't say a word to me!
- My Dad walking in and seeing me for the first time - also immediate tears
- Getting the text from DH 'Fuck me running - a Tag!!!!' in response to opening his wedding gift (a Tag Heuer watch)
- Waiting anxiously after an awkwardly long pause for my music to start so I could get down the aisle!
- Shaking so much from nerves that my mom made a comment about it
- Turning the aisle and seeing DH for the first time - my sharp intake of breath - almost a gasping/fighting tears/overwhelmed feeling of happiness
- Having to walk DH through where we needed to stand/walk/follow our cues throughout the ENTIRE ceremony - like the rehearsal did nothing at all
- Shaking so much I could barely hold the taper still to light the remembrance candle
- Our friends walking in late - it shouldn't have been funny, but it just was!
- Our ring bearer shouting 'I poop!' in the middle of the ceremony
- Almost tipping the bench - multiple times - while taking our bridal party photos
- Getting to the reception and immediately being told we were almost out of Jack (we had purchased 4 1.75L!!!)
- Seeing DHs face when I showed him his surprise zombie groomscake with the cake toppers/zombies looking like us and the groomsmen
- Scarfing the appetizers I told them to save for me
- How shockingly good the best man's speech was
- How shocked one of my bridesmaids was to learn that me and my MOH had almost tried out for POMs in high school - she seriously still keeps bringing it up
- DH yelling at everyone to pipe down because they were talking over both MOHs speeches and being very rude
- Flipping off DHs cousin because he kept clinking the damn glasses for us to kiss - one right after the other - while dinner was served (Klassy bride right here - but he was being a dick!)
- Almost forgetting my dad's speech - then having him do it right before the dances. I think that was better because we lost people's attention during the first round of speeches
- My dad pulling out his speech and panicking because he couldn't read it because it was typed to small - he had to go ask for my father in laws reading glasses! I could seriously see his stomach drop he freaked out so much. lol
- My dad bringing up redheaded grandchildren in his speech...
- The sound glitch during our first dance
- The conversation my dad and I had during our dance
- All of the dancing!!
It's quite a long list - there is just so much I never want to forget!
This discussion has been closed.