Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

DW and Showers

Hi Guys,

One of my bridesmaids offered to throw a shower for me, but I'm concerned about the added expense for her since she's already traveling out of country to attend my wedding. I would really really love one but at the same time I don't want her to feel like she has to incur the added expense (and secretly resent me!) I was wondering if you fellow DW-ers had local showers (or bachlorette parties)?

Thanks!

Re: DW and Showers

• Options
    I'm in the same boat. We are bicoastal, and my sister is talking about planning two showers. It just seems like too much for everyone involved. I don't know about you guys, but the average guest is going to spend $3k coming to my wedding, and I'm just not comfortable looking like I'm asking for more.
  • Options
    I was in the same boat, plus I don't like being the center of attention. I think my bridesmaid knew that if she asked I would say no, so she actually planned a surprise bridal shower for me. 

I totally understand the guilt, but I'm guessing if your bm brought it up, it's because she really wants to do it for you. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am not planning to have one. My guests have to travel from Canada and Australia to Hawaii so we are not asking for gifts either. We both plan to have small bachelorette and bachelor parties in Hawaii with any friends that can make it!
  • Options
    I didnt really want one as I also hate being the center of attention but my sister insisted and kind of did it anyways. It was really fun and kinda glad we did do it now. Maybe if you do want it just tell her yoi want it low key, which could save her some money.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips guys. I think I will mention to her that low-key is totally fine, if she really wants to do one (but of course it's totally not necessary). The norm in my circle is restaurant showers, but I would be MORE then thrilled with a shower at her (or anyone's) house. I really just don't want her to have to shell out a lot of extra money. Thanks guys for your perspectives.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards