Louisiana-New Orleans

Royal Sonesta, Monteleone, or Bienville House

I am currently in the process of picking my room blocks and deciding where my bridal party will get ready. I also need to figure out where my fiancé and I will stay the night of the wedding.

Can anyone share their experience at these hotels?

I really wanted a balcony room to get ready in, so the Bienville House seemed like a good option, but it just doesn't seem as luxury as the other two.  I love the look of the Monteleone, but the prices are very high and there is no outdoor area in the rooms.

Re: Royal Sonesta, Monteleone, or Bienville House

• I've heard that the Royal Sonesta is a bit noisy, because their balconies face Bourbon.  Although maybe some of them don't.
  • Im having my reception at the Royal Sonesta... so we are staying there... just easier. 
  • You might want to change your knot name if that's your real name... I would hate for anyone to spoil any of your plans or reserved vendors.
  • My destination wedding is next weekend and the bulk of our group is at the Bienville.  I can't say enough great things about working with them thus far. The staff is great and in my opinion, it's a  little more quaint than the other two.  You will feel like your group won't be as lost in the crowd.

• silverspark7silverspark7 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2014
    My boys got ready at the Bienville House and that is where we spent the night.  We had the suite at the top and it was perfect!  If you are getting ready in the suite, no matter what hotel you pick, I would ask housekeeping to come by after you leave to tidy up for you and your new husband, that way you don't have leftover food or anything like that left in the room.  I have very fond memories of sitting on our suite balcony after our reception eating leftover cake and drinking champagne.  Nothing but complements for the Bienville House.

You can see some of the photos we were able to get at the Bienville House here:
    There is a photo of the boys on the suite balcony, getting ready in the suite, group photo in the hotel courtyard and group photo in front of a cool wall behind the hotel.

I took my bridals at the Royal Sonesta one weekday afternoon and the pictures turned out beautiful.  However, I have heard that at night it turns into a difference scene because of being on bourbon, so it just depends on what you are looking for.
  • We got ready and had our block in the Bienville House- it was really beautiful and the suite had a lot of light for getting ready in. We took a bunch of pictures on the balcony as well.

Our guests enjoyed the location of the Bienville House (our reception was at Pat O's) and the breakfast in the morning. Plus, the courtyard pool was pretty awesome.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards