Michigan-Grand Rapids

winter wedding in Grand Rapids or Holland area

Hi! We recently moved to West Michigan and have decided to throw our wedding out here since it's our new home. Does anyone have any tips of good venues in the Grand Rapids/Holland area to host a winter wedding? We are looking for something that is AFFORDABLE and unique. :)   I like the look of exposed brick, alternative settings, or something that just looks elegant. I've been researching like crazy but it's been a slow process. HELP please!! Thank you!!!

Re: winter wedding in Grand Rapids or Holland area

• Mc Fadden's in Grand Rapids has brick walls in one of their event rooms. They are reasonably priced and, I know a few people that have had parties there. They have never had any problems. Worth looking into =) 

You always have the Goei center as well. They are priced a lot higher though because of what you get with the venue. 
  • Thanks, I will have to check out Mc Fadden's. I did see the Goei center online and although a little more expensive...you're right, they seemed to include a lot. May be worth a tour :)
  • Check out the top of the BOB. it's around $500 right downtown GR and they have amazing food!
  • We actually just toured the Bob and really liked it! Glad to hear the food is good :) Did you have a wedding there? Only bummer is alcohol is based on consumption...no flat rate price for open bar. We're worried without a flat rate the bill will be really high.. What was your experience?
  • We are having our winter wedding at the City Flats Hotel downtown GR. It is beautiful! In Holland you can check out Baker Lofts, they are more industrial looking but still beautiful. 
  • Bar Divani (The Gallery) which is where I had my wedding. However, I hesitate recommending them since we did have some issues- nothing overly the top major, but still issues. I'd be more than happy to talk to you about it more if you're interested.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards