New York-New York City

Unique wedding venue suggestions needed for NYC

pinkcow13pinkcow13 member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited October 2013 in New York-New York City
Hello Ladies [and gentlemen!],
I am in the process of searching for wedding venues and I wanted to know if anyone here had any suggestions for a unique wedding venue? I want to have a fun, unique wedding, not 100% traditional. Basically, not your typical cookie cutter catering hall type of venue. I would also like something that is on the affordable side, so any suggestions would be a great help. I am open to Brooklyn/Queens/Manhattan.
                             Anniversary
imageimageimage

Re: Unique wedding venue suggestions needed for NYC

• ReBar in Brooklyn is affordable and not a cookie cutter venue.  MyMoon is Brooklyn is also an option but it's a bit pricier than ReBar.
  • jenmongjenmong member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited October 2013
    You should check terrace on the park, douglaston manor, Bruno on the blouvard, water edge's, giando on the water,Russo on the bay especially the food and dessert are amazing the in queens. In Brooklyn you should check out el caribe and in the city tribeca rooftop, 230 fifth rooftop and lighthouse at chelsea pier..
  • jenmong said:
    You should check terrace on the park, douglaston manor, Bruno on the blouvard, water edge's, giando on the water,Russo on the bay especially the food and dessert are amazing the in queens. In Brooklyn you should check out el caribe and in the city tribeca rooftop, 230 fifth rooftop and lighthouse at chelsea pier..
    Tribeca Rooftop and Lighthouse at Chelsea Piers will run you over $200++ per person, just fyi.  Not sure what your budget is.  The outer boroughs will be more affordable.
  • Thanks Guys! I will check all of these out. We would like to keep it at a max of 30K, so it may have to definitely be one of the outer boroughs.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Check out Penthouse 808 in Long Island City, Waters Edge in Long Island City, and Battery Gardens in Battery Park.  All very affordable with cool views!  We ended up at Battery Gardens and it was MAGICAL.  Ask for Michele as your coordinator!  
  • Thanks so much ladies! I have some appointments scheduled with some of the suggested venues :)
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• We were planning to get married at the Boathouse @ Prospect Park on 5/31/2014, but now need to find someone to pass our contract to. It's a gorgeous indoor/outdoor venue. Whether you're interested in our date or not, you may want to check it out.
  • MUST check out Trump SoHo hotel.  It's amazing.  My sister is renting a state of the art modern ballroom with 3 window exposures, floor to ceiling windows with skyline views.  They are less than you think (we are holding a wedding brunch there for about $150 per person) and they have impeccable service!!  Check them out:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards