June 2014 Weddings
Options

Advice and ideas PLS

Hello ladies! I am in need of some advice, ideas, and help. This may be jumbled so I apologize ahead of time. Right now we're thinking, princess and the cowboy. I'll wear my princess gown with cowboy boots, he will be in jeans, cowboy boots, camo vest, the guys will be in jeans, white dress shirts, and a pink vest that will match my girls dresses. The girls will be in watermelon (from Davids Bridal), cowboy boots. My "dilemma" is that my reception and possible church do not go with the feel of rustic/country we're wanting. So I'm attaching some photos to see if you have any ideas to help make it come alive :)

Re: Advice and ideas PLS

• Options
    Cowboy reminds me more of a western theme as opposed to country (although the two overlap).  I love the look of the metal pails/watering cans with a wildflowers (or even cowboy boots/hats for more whimsy).  Checkered picnic type cloths or runners.  Cowbells at the place settings.  Boot vases, horseshoes, hay bales...

20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I thought about hay bales last night for the door entrance, I love the pails idea! Thanks!!
  • Options
    wabanziwabanzi member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2013
    I thought about hay bales last night for the door entrance, I love the pails idea! Thanks!!

I like the straw  on the candy buffet too.  Do you know what linens you'll be doing?  They take up so much space, that is a place to start.

ETA: Your dress is gorgeous!

20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was thinking about the hay bales right outside the door as they're walking in... The linens will be white and maybe a burlap runner, lots of baby's breath, and thank you! I love it, still just trying to decide if that's the one I'll wear or if it's too much :/

• Options
    How about some Queen Anne's Lace? My mother always called them weeds, but I love them 
    ~*~June 21, 2014~*~

• Options
    Good idea with the Queen Anne's lace.  It can also be dyed by putting whatever food coloring into the water.  It will soak up and stain the white.  My kids and I pick some every time we are in the woods and make wild flower arrangements. 
  • Options
    Hello ladies! I am in need of some advice, ideas, and help. This may be jumbled so I apologize ahead of time. Right now we're thinking, princess and the cowboy. I'll wear my princess gown with cowboy boots, he will be in jeans, cowboy boots, camo vest, the guys will be in jeans, white dress shirts, and a pink vest that will match my girls dresses. The girls will be in watermelon (from Davids Bridal), cowboy boots. My "dilemma" is that my reception and possible church do not go with the feel of rustic/country we're wanting. So I'm attaching some photos to see if you have any ideas to help make it come alive :)

I also saw this post on another site, maybe some ideas there? http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/rusticwestern-wedding-decor-ideasplease-shareneed-ideas#axzz2j53ej8zT
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards