May 2014 Weddings
Options

Shoes

2»

Re: Shoes

• Options
    @FutureMrsN3312 so I went to DSW on Saturday and I tried on your shoes- they were so much more comfortable than anything I had tried before and I really liked the color (I was looking for silver) - so I got them! Thank you for the recommendation :) so relieved to finally have the shoes!
  • Options
    ohxhi said:
    @FutureMrsN3312 so I went to DSW on Saturday and I tried on your shoes- they were so much more comfortable than anything I had tried before and I really liked the color (I was looking for silver) - so I got them! Thank you for the recommendation :) so relieved to finally have the shoes!
    So exciting!  I was starting to feel like I would never find anything that was cute, comfy, and with a normal heel height.  My mom might go back and get the black pair to go with her dress because I raved about how comfy they are.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Kristen625 I'm also going to wear converse, specifically chuck taylors! I'm debating on whether to do pure white or blush pink (bridesmaid colors). My fiance is ordering some too, and we are going to have "Husband" and "Wife" embroidered on the back of the heel. How long did it take for your order to come in?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I hope I just found my shoes, I'm trying to go super simple since I'm getting married outside. The shipping charge sucks but if it keeps me away from stores where I'll buy a bunch of shoes not  for the wedding I'm happy!

-anjo (aka the future mrs miley :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @missangelinamiley I love those flats! Super cute :)

• Options
    @klburke88 From what I remember it took about 2 weeks to show up.  I actually never got a shipping notification, but they tell you 3 weeks.  I looked out on my doorstep and there they were one day!!  I ordered both mine and my MOH's shoes the same day and they both arrived the same day and everything.  I went with pure white with purple laces and our date in purple on the side.  Now since then I have added rhinestones and exchanged the laces for ribbon.  I have been sitting in front of the tv super-gluing rhinestones (using tweesers by the way cause my fingers were not precise enough) on my shoes for several days now.  Still not totally done, but I'm loving how they are looking!!  The superglue fingers are totally worth it! lol
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I can't stand heels because they hurt so much and it feels weird to be taller! I'm 5' and my fiance is 6'3" but I just can't stand the thought of wearing any type of heels so I've been trying to find cute flats that look formal enough. But it has definitely been a challenge...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So, I've nixed the converse idea. My dress has scalloped edges on the bottom, and I'm afraid if I get it hemmed, I'll lose the scallops. With 3 inch heels, it's the perfect length so I'm trying to find some comfy wedges that are cute. 

Does anyone know if there if it's possible to hem a dress without altering the original hem at the bottom?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @klburke88 if you take it to a good alterations person you shouldnt lose the bottom. I bought my dress from davids bridal and my dress needed hemmed, she started talking about having to take off the bottom and I freaked out! That is one of my favorite parts of the dress. She assured me that it gets reapplied after hemming.
  • Options
    klburke88 said:
    So, I've nixed the converse idea. My dress has scalloped edges on the bottom, and I'm afraid if I get it hemmed, I'll lose the scallops. With 3 inch heels, it's the perfect length so I'm trying to find some comfy wedges that are cute. 

Does anyone know if there if it's possible to hem a dress without altering the original hem at the bottom?

@klburke88 If dresses have a waist/underbust seam, they can often open up that seam and take the dress up from there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards