Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Help--Ideas on Pew Decorations?

My church recently renovated, and, in order to keep everything looking new as long as possible, instituted a new rule that any pew decorations cannot be attached with either pins or adhesives. That's understandable, except that the design of the pews makes it basically impossible to hang anything on them. I've looked into pew clips, but the ones I've seen won't work. I know I won't be able to describe how the pews are, so hopefully these pictures will help:

Pew clips are typically made for pews like these:

The clips hang go on top of the endcap so that the decorations face outward.

Our pews are like this:

No endcap, so if you attach a pew clip, the decoration will be facing forward rather than out.

So. Has anyone else out there had to deal with something like this? Any ideas? I suppose I won't be heartbroken if there ends up being nothing on the pews, but I'd like to come up with something. Thanks!

Re: Help--Ideas on Pew Decorations?

• what about using tulle or ribbon to attatch whatever decoration you choose... you can make boquets or flower balls (if there's a more correct term other than "flower balls, I'm sorry!) and hang them on what little ledge you have.

here's kind of what I'm talking about

www.liweddings.com/chat/p/4377135_1.jpg" alt="" />

or

Photobucket
  • i sort of have the same issue, i decided to diy a monogram aisle runner lay rose petals on the edges of my aisle runner and to have fabulous alter decorations and simply skip pew decorations
  • It adds a bit of cost, but I have seen people use shepherd's hooks that are "fastened" or weighted into terra cotta pots or some other pail/bucket vessel. The containers then basically "free stand" alongside the pew. You can virtually hang almost anything from the hook.   The one "perk" to this idea is that if you wanted, they could be transplanted to the reception and re-used their in some fashion.
  • The shepards hooks are a good idea... you can always move them to your reception hall and have them around the wall or in the entranceway... that is, if you have time between the ceremony letting out and when the guests arrive in the reception area...

I also love the idea of an aisle runner, but I've never seen one at a wedding before, so I have this picture in my mind of it wrinkling and looking bad as people walk down it. I guess there's some sort of tape you could use?

I'm putting short square vases beside every other pew, and it's going to have a candle and the same crystals that my centerpieces are going to be filled with.  At first I was terrified by the thought of having candles so close to clothing and other flamable material, but I'm just going to tell my ushers to keep an eye on them since they'll be walking the people to their spots.  
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_ideas-pew-decorations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:35e97db6-6690-4f85-828b-bbe9d5746b37Post:47087e9d-3a34-458f-be3f-14d2f570a2ed">Re: Help--Ideas on Pew Decorations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My advice is to skip pew decorations, because: They're a one-use item, making them a budget buster.   The bulk of your time is spent at the reception. That's where to sink your decor budget. Nobody sees pew decorations once they're seated. They'll be looking down front at the two of you. Concentrate ceremony decorations down front.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

Ditto.  Two altar arrangements would be the way to go.  IMHO, pew decorations are completely unnecessary.
  • If you could figure out a way to drape fabric without using pins or adhesives that would look nice too and shouldn't cost too much.

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards