Plus-Sized

Dress Purchases?

Anyone buy a dress with out really trying it on?

I tried on a few gowns that I liked, but they didn't have my size in sample. Anyone buy their dress with out trying it on and Zipping/corseting it up? 

Just curious. I haven't found the gown yet. But was wondering if I might have to take a leap of faith in the end. 
October 2014 September Inspiration: Colors

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dress Purchases?

• I haven't tried mine on. My sister modeled it for me as she is a couple of sizes smaller than me. I know it will look beautiful and can't wait to actually try it on for the first time in January!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Many brides, even skinny girls, aren't able to try on their exact size. They have it clipped and tucked and just get an idea of what their size will look like. 

• can you find a place that has a close enough sample that will be able to fit on you i went to a few places that were able to get me into the dress somewhat so i could get an idea of how it looked. not every dress you try on will fit you like its supposed to on your wedding day. my dress the top did not go all the way down but fit elsewhere and i loved it. a good consultant will be able to clip it so good that you can see how it would look on you 
  • I bought mine (I hate to amit this) . . . from the internet and it was made in CHINA. I had all my measurements and it was WONDERFUL!  DHGate.com  couldn't say enough. I typed in Plus Size Wedding Dress and went crazy.  The price was wonderful. I actally bought two because I wasn't sure which I liked more. I'm getting married on Friday but I will be sure to post some pictures Oh, I'm between a W22-26 in size. My hips and butt are bigger than the top of me. . . .
  • Many brides, even skinny girls, aren't able to try on their exact size. They have it clipped and tucked and just get an idea of what their size will look like. 

This is what I had to do for a lot of dresses. I could get them on enough, but had to have someone hold the back of it up for me, or had to be clipped into it. I actually was able to try a sample on in the dress I decided to get and have the dress fit (a little big actually!) and yet had to order a size up from the sample.. weird... but they said the sample one probably stretched out enough to fit me. I'm not a W girl, but just a number. I wear street 18-19 and they ordered me a 20. The sample I tried on was a 18... will be interesting when I try my dress on in December to see if it fits me or needs taken in since the sample 18 fit me.

Also, they didn't have the white one in my size, just the ivory. What we did was I put on a white dress they did have in my size and then held up the white one of the dress I wanted. Took pictures of it and looked in the mirror with it and picked it. So I actually didn't try on the dress I bought. This could be another option for you. Just hold the dress up and see how you like it.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I bought mine without really trying it on. I waited until the first fitting, and I loved it! I go back for my second fitting tomorrow, I can't wait!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards