Attire & Accessories Forum

Question for those with Melissa Sweet gowns ...

I know bridal sizes are typically not the same as regular clothing size, but each designer tends to run differently.  For those of you who own Melissa Sweet gowns, can you tell me if the sizing matches your regular size, or if not, how far off it is?

Thank you!

Re: Question for those with Melissa Sweet gowns ...

• Why don't you just look up the Melissa Sweet sizing chart?
  • I did look up the Melissa Sweet sizing chart, but that wasn't my question.  Despite the chart, sometimes it still doesn't match and sizing is a little different.  I just wanted to know what others experiences were in terms of the labeled sizes.

If anyone has any input, thanks in advance!
  • Hi, My gown is Melissa Sweet from the Priscilla of Boston line (before David's discontinued them).  I am a street size 2 and, for the most part, measured a Melissa Sweet 2.  I ordered a 4 so I could have it altered to exactly what I needed (and I was petrified it'd come in too small).  

The factories and patterns may have changed since they moved it to DB.  However, I just looked up the current Melissa Sweet chart and it is identical to what it was.  

Have you tried on any of the gowns yet?  Remember the ones hanging in the store may have stretched a bit from people trying them on.  Good luck.  
  • @Giaspo, thank you!  I haven't tried any on yet.  I wasn't planning on going dress shopping until after the holidays, but of course I have been browsing and saw an amazing price on a MS gown that I loved.  It's not available at the closest DB to me (which was still a bit of a drive) so I was going to take the risk and order it online to try it on because I do have the 14 days to return if I don't love it ... I still might give it a try.  Thank you!!
  • So exciting!! Have fun and enjoy the process. FWIW, my sister is getting married this Friday and her gown is from DB, and she fit into her normal size too. Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards