Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Grandparents

Hello all!

I'm looking for ideas to incorporate my grandmother into my wedding. I want her to feel like she's a part of this process as I am having my grandfather walk me down the aisle with my mother (my father is not a part of the picture). Anyway long story short, I'm going to be having one Aunt help coordinate the day (as she is awesome at this and I can't afford and actual coordinator), my other Aunt I'm going to have her son as my ring bearer. My grandmother is very important to me and I'll love to have her participate in the wedding besides just helping me pick my wedding dress, and things like that. Any specific ideas would be great! 

Re: Grandparents

• Just seat her with your mom and grandfather.  Maybe present her with a flower right before you and your new husband head back up the aisle.  She could do a reading if she is comfortable with that but otherwise don't give her a job.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MOH, reader at the ceremony. Have her walk in and announced with the bridal party at the reception. She could say grace before the meal or you could offer a toast to her, present with your bouquet, instead of doing the toss. If you haven't bought your dress, invite her to go with you or you could take her shopping for her own dress.

• Give her a corsage, both your grandparents could walk you down the aisle, bring her to wedding planning activities (if she wants), ask her opinion on things, have her do a reading in the ceremony (if she is comfortable with doing so), mention her in your toast, ie. "I would like to thank my grandmother, Mary, for always being there for me and _____________", have a dance with her at the reception, and/or borrow something from her (ie a brooch, hair piece, veil, kerchief, etc.) as your "something borrowed" or "something old".
  • Thank you guys for your ideas. I'll keep them in mind. I know she wants to be involved and I'm taking her dress shopping. I'll keep an eye out on this one. 
  • In addition to taking her with you to go shopping for your dress, what about making a special day to go shoping for her dress? If she has a favorite flower, try to incorporate that into her coursage. Also depending on if you're doing it & if she's into it see if she wants to join you for mani/pedi for the wedding. Also if you are going to a salon to get your hair done, she if she wants to come along and book a stylist for her to get her hair done or the wedding. Just a few ideas. Even if she declines some of the invites like say the mani/pedi, I'm sure the fact that you asked will mean a lot to her.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards