Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Florida Keys anyone?

Hi everyone,

We are in the very early stages of planning and have not yet ruled out a destination wedding, especially as I see the costs rising and we only want something small.  Since I have children, I'd like to do a tropical-esque destination without leaving the US, and my BFF lives in FL so I was thinking about the Florida Keys.  Has anyone done a DW there, or considering it?  

Thanks in advance!

Re: Florida Keys anyone?

• Options
    Im having my wedding in Key west next year!! Were renting the family reunion house for my family to stay in and having our ceremony on smathers beach and reception either at the key west harbour or on the PartyCat charter boat. I originally liked the reception on the water idea but im afraid the partycat is more of a party boat than a formal venue but it is more affordable. Do you have any ideas yet?? I have to start narrowing down my choices by November
  • Options
    We're considering it.  Actually I was eyeing the same complex as twiggy for accommodations since we're keeping it super small. 

@twiggy327  I saw you mention in another post that your complex is a beach house, you do realize that "Family Reunion" compound is in Old Town, not on the beach, right?
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    Ahhh, that sounds so lovely!  This weekend we chose a local venue so we aren't doing the destination wedding, but I wish you both the best of luck!  It will be wonderful!
  • Options
    Hi, we're doing our wedding thru carnival cruise lines. We're having an on-island wedding when our ship is in Key West. Our wedding is going to be held on Smather's Beach. We've got pretty much everything booked and paid at this point.
  • Options
    Our wedding photographer specializes in beach weddings, especially Florida.  She and her husband did our engagement photos in New York, and will be shooting our wedding in Mexico. If you are looking for photographers in the area, I highly recommend them! 

• Options
    I am also considering a wedding at snatchers beach. Since this is a public beach does anyone know what you have to do to get married there? Is a permit required or can it be reserved at all. Or do I just wing it and hope for the best?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards