Wedding Invitations & Paper

Items included in invites

In order to save money and paper, we are considering the following for our invitations:

- Actual invitation with names, time, and location of ceremony

- RSVP postcard, instead of small card and envelope

- Putting reception information ("immediately following" and location), accommodations information, and website on one enclosure card. I've seen many websites that say you should have a separate reception card, but it just doesn't make practical sense to me.

My questions are: Are the latter two items tacky in any way? Am I missing anything?

Re: Items included in invites

• drmrs2014 said:

In order to save money and paper, we are considering the following for our invitations:

- Actual invitation with names, time, and location of ceremony

- RSVP postcard, instead of small card and envelope

- Putting reception information ("immediately following" and location), accommodations information, and website on one enclosure card. I've seen many websites that say you should have a separate reception card, but it just doesn't make practical sense to me.

My questions are: Are the latter two items tacky in any way? Am I missing anything?

It depends on the formality of your wedding. Your invitations should match the formality - so if it's a formal event, I would have an RSVP card/envelope and information insert. If your wedding is informal and casual, I think what you're planning is fine. It also depends on your crowd - does everyone have internet/computer access to get what they need from the website? If it's a younger crowd, this might work. If not, you may want to reconsider.
    *********************************************************************************

• @southernbelle0915 - Our wedding is semi-formal, that's why I am struggling so much with a traditional card/envelope vs. postcard. The accommodations would still be listed (with website at bottom), but all pertinent info would be on the card. I am just asking if it is tacky to include the reception info on the same card as the hotel info. Most places I've seen suggest having two separate cards.

• I think I'd put the reception information, along with driving directions, on a separate card from the accommodations and website.
  • edited October 2013
    I had a semi-formal wedding and used postcard RSVP. For me is was also about saving trees, not just money. I made them look fancy to match the fancy invites. I think putting the website on the reception card is fine. Personally I think it's ok to have the website on the invite, but that's just me. If it were me, I would put the accommodation info on the website and not in the mailing if I wanted to save paper. But in lui of that I would include it on the same card. I think most sites are trig to sell you the extra paper more than anything else.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards