Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Venue Help - Germanic Institute, Summit Manor, or other St Paul Location?

My FI and I are looking to get married in Sept 2014 and a lot of places are booked.  Has anyone been too/had a wedding at Germanic Institute, Summit Manor or any other St Paul/East side of the cities? Pro's Con's?

Re: Venue Help - Germanic Institute, Summit Manor, or other St Paul Location?

• Options
    I attended a wedding at the University Club in St. Paul and it was gorgeous. It's not the biggest venue in the world though, so it may depend on your guest count whether you can do it there or not.
  • Options
    My FI and I considered the Great Hall at Metro State - again, depending on guest count, it could be gorgeous, overlooking downtown.

Wedding Black & White, Sepia
  • Options
    My husband and I got married at the St Paul College Club and loved it - I would definitely check them out!
  • Options
    We just toured the German American Institute. Beautiful in an old-world way and the catering manager seemed really great. A highlight is the staircase. Because it's an old mansion, your wedding dinner/reception would be spread among three rooms on the main level. There is an authentic looking rathskeller (bar) in the basement and a bar and ballroom on the third floor. I saw pictures of an acquaintance's wedding there and it was gorgeous. One drawback (and dealbreaker for us) is that there is no elevator. But if that's not an issue for you, definitely check it out.

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Robert Fulghum<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

• Options
    debmonn said:
    My FI and I considered the Great Hall at Metro State - again, depending on guest count, it could be gorgeous, overlooking downtown.

Metro State is starting a major reconstruction of the parking ramp near the Grand Hall in 2014. I was told there would be no parking at all in the ramp, so the nearest parking would be in various lots a couple blocks away or on the street. Just FYI

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Robert Fulghum<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

• Options
    The St. Paul Athletic Club, St. Paul Hotel, and Landmark Center are all awesome St. Paul venues.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards