May 2014 Weddings
Options

I lost my ceremony venue and officiant...

so now I'm back to square one and not very happy about it. I don't even begin to know where to look for an officiant because it was supposed to be FI's priest. I'm so frustrated right now and it's going to change my entire schedule for the day of too so I have to contact all my other vendors and make changes. 

Re: I lost my ceremony venue and officiant...

• Options
    Maybe it won't change your whole schedule? We're still far enough out that there should be enough other ceremony options for you, and many are flexible on times. Places of worship are obviously the least flexible because they work around service schedules, but if you're not set on a church, etc., that will open things up for you. And you'd be surprised how easy it is to find an officiant! You'll be just fine :)

• Options
    It will change our schedule because we won't get married in another church and we were going to have a Catholic ceremony. A non Catholic ceremony not in a church is going to be much shorter so I will have to rearrange all the times with my vendors. Also we had scheduled our cocktail hour early because the church wouldn't let us do our ceremony any later than 2:30, but if we aren't getting married there then I would rather do it later. I guess that is a bonus :)
  • Options
    It'll work out for sure! It sounds as though there are some definite bonuses, despite the downfalls, and just remember that everything happens for a reason! :)

• Options
    I keep telling myself that we can make it work out better:)  I just need to get past the initial frustration.
  • Options
    Bummer! I'm sorry for the frustration!  I understand needing to get over the initial shock and all that first before thinking clearly like a normal person.  I would maybe look into a different venue completely because I think it will be much easier to change times with your vendors then it will to rearrange EVERYTHING to a different day.  I hope everything works out soon (cause it will all work out in the end) and you get it all taken care of.  Keep us updated! (and drink a glass of wine, wine always helps :) )
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Definitely not changing anything to a different day. LOL We already have vendors paid and everything and I'm not losing out on all that money. Only the times will need to be rearranged. The most frustrating part is probably going to be that we need to find a new officiant and I have no idea where to even start on that. I've been going over and over different scenarios in my head for how to make it work, but I haven't come up with a great solution yet. 
  • Options
    Yikes.  Hopefully you can find another priest.

Just FYI, your marriage won't be valid in the eyes of the Catholic Church if you get married outside of the Church.  You may know this, but just in case you didn't know it's definitely something to consider when weighing your options.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah I knew that. It doesn't matter to me because I'm not Catholic. My FI cares, but the priest talked about possibly doing a convalidation ceremony later on so we will see.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards