Texas-Houston
Options

Virginia's Cakes - Our wedding cake that fell over

mbrooke2008mbrooke2008 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
edited October 2013 in Texas-Houston
I wanted to spread this around just as a warning. When we were doing our cake tastings, we were very impressed with Virginia's Cakes. The cakes were delicious, and there were lots of fillings and flavors to chose from. She sketched out both our wedding cake and our groom's cake and even offered a military discount since my husband is a Marine. Going into our wedding, I Felt really good about our decision to use Virginia. But I was completely wrong and had been fooled. After we arrived at our reception and started moving around, multiple guests came up to us telling us that they had witnessed our cake start leaning and then fall to the ground. I thought everyone was messing with me, because surely after the price we paid for that cake, that wouldn't happen. By cake-cutting time I realized it had indeed fallen. So instead of cutting the gorgeous wedding cake I had dreamed of (and paid for) we had to cut whatever Augusta Pines (our reception venue) was able to throw together. When my mom called asking for a refund Virginia was hostile towards my mom. She acted like it wasn't a big deal at all. In fact, she even accused my mom of stealing one of the cake mirrors. We were finally able to get a refund for our wedding cake. All in all, I am disgusted with the way Virginia treated my mother. I also will never get back the pictures and memories of cutting my actual wedding cake. Instead we had a sheet cake that Augusta Pines luckily had on hand that we were able to cut. I would never recommend using Virginia for any kind of service after this experience. It is one thing to make a mistake with the wedding cake, but the way she acted towards my mother, I am truly appalled. I would not recommend this vendor based on her unprofessional attitude towards my mother and I. To be fair, our groom's cake was nice and did not fall over, but that does not make up for her rudeness. I am still not sure exactly why it happened (and of course Virginia is blaming anyone but herself), and maybe it could happen with any vendor, but to me the way she acted after the fact was unacceptable. Of course people may choose her and have a successful cake story, but I did want to share my story of dissatisfaction.
1385876 10200959833108451 1467805166 n
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards