Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

FINALLY...everything booked, but? what about favors (wedding dresses pic)

mscearcemscearce member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
edited October 2013 in Wedding Etiquette Forum
We are FINALLY under 200 days... 193 to exact :)

So I have all of the major "to do's" checked off my list. I feel like I can finally relax a little. I guess since it is such a small town where I live it was all push push to get everything booked asap. I mean I booked my venue back in Jan before I even went to visit it (BIG Risk BUT... I AM IN LOVE WITH IT) after that I worked on finishing school and moved back to my home town in May, started building a house, and got going with wedding planning..

I have booked: 
venue -- food will be decided with them at my tasting in Feb. along with specialty drinks (yes OPEN bar)
photographers 
videographer 
cake 
flowers 
donut truck 
caricature artist 
BOTH wedding dresses (fittings start in Jan) 
dj 
honeymoon 
wedding shoes ordered
---

what is left --
block off hotel for OOT guest so they get a discount
order bridesmaid - dress is picked, have until late dec 
confirm groomsmen attire - ordered in a sample to try in nov 
order flower girl - ready to go in jan 
what to do with my hair for the wedding
favors for guest
bridesmaid gifts

SO my question is....

What are the best favors that wedding guest will "actually" like?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: FINALLY...everything booked, but? what about favors (wedding dresses pic)

• Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2013
    Candy.

The best favor I've ever had (and the only one I remember) was a chocolate/fudge dipped Oreo.

ETA: You're having a donut truck? Cool. Just supply little paper baggies for guests to take some home. That's more than enough of a "favor".
  • Options
    itzMS said:
    Just supply little paper baggies for guests to take some home. That's more than enough of a "favor".
    It will only run for about 3 hours...but there will be boxes for cake to go home for those guest that miss out on that due to the donuts
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Always do edible. No one cares about anything with your date and name on it. Don't waste your money. But it sounds like you've doing enough 'extras' that you don't need it. 
  • Options
    None at all.

Favors aren't necessary and won't be missed.  But if you absolutely have to have them, go edible.
  • Options
    I agree the cake boxes and the donut truck are enough.

Edible is definitely the way to go.  We did a candy buffet in our wedding colors.  Everyone loved it!
  • Options

Edible is definitely the way to go.  We did a candy buffet in our wedding colors.  Everyone loved it!
    I was thinking that & maybe having lifesavors wrapped in a pretty paper with "mint to be" on them...

Edible favors are mostly likely what we will do since we have added so many extra things to the wedding
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I agree with everyone else, The donut truck is above and beyond (and awesome, I might add)!  Any kind of knick-knack item with your name, wedding date, etc. on it is likely to be left behind or forgot in the junk drawers of guests who do take them home.  Consumables are the way to go! 

Also, "BOTH wedding dresses"? 

Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

Also, "BOTH wedding dresses"? 

I have my ceremony dress that I will wear during that and the first dancing then will slip away for about 10 minutes to change into my reception dress (still a wedding gown..but has a golden lace over it)

I honestly never thought I'd be that girl with two dresses but the day before I went dress shopping my MOH sent me a picture of a golden gown and said you WILL have two dresses and the second will be like this... what do ya know... hell I tried on the dress first and looked at my dad and you know this is MY reception dress...ever MOH said so :) then I found my ceremony dress at the same place that day
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you do have favours, I vote for edible.

We are having a candy bar with baggies to take home extra.

I also agree the donut truck is enough, and providing baggies for extras (if the truck company will allow) would more than suffice. 
  • Options
    You already have it, donut truck and caricaturist.

I did ornaments as a favor that did not have any name on it, just year.  People took them, I haven't heard feedback on them yet except that a few people asked if they could take the no shows.

At the last minute, we hired a caricaturist and 90% of people did it so that was basically a second favor (mega hit, btw)

imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • Options
    Why not just wear the gold dress the entire time? *shrug*

For favors, how about a photo booth? I'm having one and the ppl in my WP who know about it are excited.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    Why not just wear the gold dress the entire time? *shrug*   Because the dress I picked for the ceremony is perfect and in ivory... The gold is also perfect... but felt more like one to dance in... It was just a choice that happened when we went shopping for my dress and I wouldn't have it any other way
    For favors, how about a photo booth? I'm having one and the ppl in my WP who know about it are excited. I would, well I looked into it, but the only one that is a "real" photo booth wanted to charge anywhere from 3,000 to 4,000... wayyy too much for a photo booth, which is why I have the caricature artist (plus it fits us since we always get a picture of ourselves drawn every time we go on vacation)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you already have the caricature artist, the that is your favor right there!

Yikes, those are outrageous photo booth prices!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    If you already have the caricature artist, the that is your favor right there! Yikes, those are outrageous photo booth prices!
    Haha you're telling me... 
    When I got quoted that I swear I about fell over... BOTH of my dress where way cheaper than that with or without the special I got that day... Everything I booked was cheaper than that...

I feel like some companies just take advantage of brides because they know we are willing to pay to a certain degree.. but sometimes it is just crazy
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I feel like now I want to have a donut truck. Like, just in general...all the time. That's an awesome idea. :)

I'm having a destination wedding but decided we're not doing favors, aside from a candy bar. It's just not practical to make or buy something and then tote it across the Atlantic and I won't have time to put anything together once we arrive. Everyone will be well fed, with an open bar and full Irish breakfast the next morning so I think they will be good!

My future sister in law had cupcakes w/take home boxes, a photo booth with souvenir photo strips for everyone, and they made a donation in memory of the groom's mother to an appropriate foundation. Other than your place card there wasn't anything else to take home, and I felt like it was a very nice reception.

My mom calls most favors (those that aren't edible) "landfill" and while that's harsh I do see where she's coming from.
  • Options

@Malloryanne09 I cant wait to see both your dresses! They sound beautiful!!

• Options
    XrebeccaX said:

My mom calls most favors (those that aren't edible) "landfill" and while that's harsh I do see where she's coming from.
    I agree totally!!! The only favor besides edible ones that I have EVER kept happened to be measuring spoons that had cute love sayings on them... perfect at the time due to moving away to college and still have them, but I was already in the need of those haha... I'm thinking a small candy bar and the mints will be enough... 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mimiphin said:

@Malloryanne09 I cant wait to see both your dresses! They sound beautiful!!

I can't wait to wear both... I will load pictures later :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Anything FOOD related.
  • Options
    You mentioning the measuring spoons reminded me that the most recent wedding shower I attended had a cooking/kitchen theme, and our favor was a wooden spoon. I was very pleased because I love them and can always use a fresh one! And I think of the bride when I use it. :)
  • Options
    The best favor I got was also at a shower - an ice cream scoop. Still food related, I suppose.
  • Options
    One wedding I went to had stemless wine glass favors- they were and still are my favorite!  They are nice and big.

I do normally prefer edible, but a wine glass is a gift that keeps on giving for me :)
  • Options
    The best favor I got was also at a shower - an ice cream scoop. Still food related, I suppose.
  • Options
    mscearcemscearce member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2013

mimiphin said:

@mscearce I cant wait to see both your dresses! They sound beautiful!!

I can't wait to wear both... I will load pictures later :)
    Here are the pictures of the dresses

First two pictures are ceremony/ first dances  second has a golden tint lace over it with more sparkle all over it for the reception.

The ceremony dress was about 4 sizes too big and I have not taken one of me in the correct size yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    They are beautiful, but I like the 2nd much better. . . I say just wear that one all day!

• Options
    Those are two beautiful dresses! I like the second one best myself- sooo pretty! 
  • Options
    The second one is "me" all over... I just can't picture myself walking down in a golden dress... and I have always wanted that princess ball gown style... I got the best of both worlds with those two.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Love the second one. Nothing wrong with the first one just I'm not going to like it cuz it's not to my liking. If you love them both yay!!! ^_^ No one's opinion should matter but yours. 

You will be beautiful! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards