Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Woo! (odd thing for me to be happy about but still)

So I've mentioned before that I have a rocky relationship with my father, and that is still the case. However, i just heard from one of my sisters that his divorce (from wife number 4) is final and I am quite a happy gal today.

I really did not like this woman and am very pleased to not have to invite her to FI and I's wedding so I just wanted to celebrate a little WOO!

image.

Re: Woo! (odd thing for me to be happy about but still)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I love it when it works out to not invite someone you don't like.  Happy dancing is acceptable!
  • Options
    Er/jerEr/jer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay!  Guess it sucks for your dad but yay for you!  I totally get how you feel - we had to invite my mom's bf (at the time) and no one liked him.  Luckily he's gone now and she's dating a great guy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad it's working out in your favor...after all, how good could she have been for him if they're divorced?
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She was awful (my dad's not a great catch either but still gotta love him right?)

I've only met her once on the day that they got married and I couldn't stand her! I'm so glad not to have to deal with her.
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Woohoo for good news!

Vacation

• Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's ok to be happy about this!  I'm glad it's working out for you :)

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    I know it makes me sounds like a terrible person, but I just hope this means that maybe he can meet someone less troll like :)
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You're not terrible at all! I get what you're saying. Now you don't have to worry about having her at your wedding and maybe your Dad can meet someone who doesn't require riddles to be answered to pass under her bridge.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

you're not terrible! If you didn't like her, than I'm sure your Dad can do better anyway!  But wow- wife number 4!? Maybe Pops should slow down a little...

• Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    S- you don't even know how right you are! Wife number and him got married after knowing each other for only 6 weeks! I wish I could say it was the first time he'd done that but his second wife he did the same thing, met and married and divorced in three months.
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    met married and divorced in three months! wow.  I can't even imagine. I have zero experience with divorce- but to me its such a huge deal to even think about it! Hopefully his actions aren't taking a huge toll on his daughter...

so are you going to give him a plus one then? Or maybe he'll be married again by then (just kidding... I hope)
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    The odds of him being married or "seriously dating" someone by then are pretty high :(

SO it's going to be a game time decision on his +one

His divorces really haven't had an effect on me the way they have on my three sisters, they always take it (even the short marriages) way worse than I do, as you can tell by my celebration. ;)
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's good. FI's dad is kinda seeing someone (and by seeing I mean "seeing", but not actually seeing... if you get my drift). And we aren't even asking him about it- we're just not giving him a plus one. It would make FMIL feel very awkward, and she's already dreading the whole wedding just because she'll have to be around him

I hate divorce
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    Divorce is ugly. My parents have this very awkward way of being nice to each other when people are around that just makes everyone in the room know it's fake. So neither one of them have mentioned that they aren't looking forward to seeing each other but the rest of us aren't excited about it.

I'll be sending you some vibes that yours isn't too awkward :)
    image.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Both my parents and FI's parents are divorced and both our moms have serious boyfriends, and for FI's family this is just total drama-rama.  FFIL is already fussing that FMIL's very serious boyfriend she is planning to marry will be invited.  E, I hope this helps lessen the potential drama for you!

Vacation
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    Jenn- That sounds like Drama-rama! I'll be thinking some good drama free vibes for you too!
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol at drama-rama!  have a large glass of wine before dealing with divorcees- that's my best advice.

I understand that there are very good reasons to get divorced , but ugh- I still just hate it so much.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha, vibes for all of us :)

I will say that both my parents are infinitely better off now that they are divorced for a whole host of reasons, and they both get big bonus gold stars for being perfect examples of how to handle the situation gracefully and kindly.  FILs... not so much.

Vacation
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    I agree with you Jenn my parents are better off now for countless reasons yet they still know how to set a room a blaze with awkwardness when around each other due to gossip and drama.

FI parents are still together and have a wonderful marriage you just want to snuggle up to it when you see them.
    image.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards