Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Best salad Poll

Hello ladies and gents.. I would like suggestions/ideas for the best salad you had either wedding or anywhere else (tossed salad) or just your favorite salad you love it can be from any restaurant I just dont want an average salad at the wedding. TIA.

Re: Best salad Poll

• Options
    I love Outbacks. Then again I just like plain salad, nothing much to it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    It will really depend on what the caterers in your area offer.  Personally, I love a wedge salad (they have them at Outback Steakhouse, not sure if that's the salad PP is referring to).  It is a lettuce wedge with blue cheese, bacon, red onion, and other stuff depending on where you get it.  However, I don't know that a wedge salad would appeal to the masses as much as a well-made caesar or Italian-style house salad, so that's probably what I would go with for a larger event like a wedding.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Anything other than iceberg lettuce.

Bonus points for having more than 10 pieces of lettuce on the plate. Stingy salads suck :-)
  • Options
    The best salad I ever had was at a wedding.  It was spinach with raspberry dressing and had walnuts in it as well.
  • Options
    Hands down caprese salad! Served them at my wedding bc I thought so :-9 yum yum!!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    I had a "warm winter salad" at this awesome restaurant.  Mixed greens, goat cheese, bosc pears, and a dijon dressing.  All I know was that it was AMAZING..seriously the best salad I've ever had.
  • Options
    my favorite is spinach leaves with walnuts, apple (or pear, tangerine, some sort of fruit) with crumbled feta cheese and champagne or raspberry vinaigrette. 

Or you really can never go wrong with a cesar or house salad but if the other is available that is always my choice (we had it at my wedding with pear, cranberries, walnuts, feta and champagne vinaigrette--so yummy).

Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm a big fan of seasonal salads. This fall, I've been pretty obsessed with salads made with artisan lettuce, dried cranberries, roasted almonds, feta cheese, and balsamic vinaigrette. Sometime I add crispy apples, too. It's delicious! 
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Yum that sounds delish! I was leaning toward a spinach salad....with fruit strawberries with nuts, and feta cheese.
  • Options
    Our wedding salad was:

Tender Greens to include Bibb, Spinach and Mesclun, Sundried Cranberries and Maple Cayenne Cashews, White Balsamic Honey Vinaigrette

The cashews were tasty but not spicy--we knew we wanted them as soon as we tried them at our venue.  

I would encourage you to go with what's in season, and if you have cheese, leave it on the side so guests can apply it themselves.  Crumbly cheese is really hard to push off to the side if a guest wants to eat around it.  I would also suggest not having caesar as your only option, I don't think it's a crowd pleaser and it's not vegetarian-friendly (the dressing typically has fish, even if you don't put anchovies on it).  I don't think the wedge is a bad idea, but, again, leave the bacon and cheese on the side, so it would be something like a wedge of iceberg with red onions, and tomatoes, and then maybe bacon, gorgonzola, and ranch dressing on the side.  
  • Options
    I love cobb salad. minus the onions.  I love dried cranberries in salads!! :)
  • Options
    It will really depend on what the caterers in your area offer.  Personally, I love a wedge salad (they have them at Outback Steakhouse, not sure if that's the salad PP is referring to).  It is a lettuce wedge with blue cheese, bacon, red onion, and other stuff depending on where you get it.  However, I don't know that a wedge salad would appeal to the masses as much as a well-made caesar or Italian-style house salad, so that's probably what I would go with for a larger event like a wedding.
    Yeah, it was kind of like that. All I can remember is me gobbling it down because it was so yummy. I'm not usually a salad person either. haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Anything other than iceberg works for me!
  • Options
    We are having a Waldorf Salad as the salad course at our wedding.  Romaine greens and walnuts, tossed with oil and vinegar and a splash of lemon. I'm sure some people will complain, but it was very good at the menu tasting.  There will be so much food, that they can fill up on other items if they don't care for it!
  • Options

I had a horrible experience with a wedge salad at Cheddar's. I was trying to cut it and it pretty much exploded all over me. FI and our 2 friends thought it was absolutely hilarious. Granted I'm a total klutz so these things just kind of happen to me.
     Visit The Knot!                                           image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I like many salads, but I agree, the best thing about a salad at a banquet is when it is a) not iceberg lettuce and b) has more vegetables/fruit than a sliver or two of carrot. 

Caprese, mango, anything with nuts, greek, a good Caesar. 
  • Options
    I love a wedge, good caesar (this goes wrong so often though), or waldorf for classics.  Our salad was: Boston bib with sliced apples, blue cheese, pistachio nuts, and dijon vinaigrette.  It was amazing and had plenty of lettuce :)
  • Options
    Butter lettuce, glazed walnuts, raspberry vinegarette. I love any of those in salads and if you put them all together with cucumbers, tomatoes, and feta (which I agree is hard to pick around if others dislike it) I'd be in heaven. Also, this thread is making me hungry.
  • Options
    We served a caprese salad at my wedding because it's my favorite.  Most of the guests loved it. 

For me, a salad should not use iceberg lettuce, should have a vinaigrette dressing, and at least two of the following: cheese, nuts, fruit.
  • Options
    Best salad ever - I make it for Thanksgiving, all from Trader Joe's:

Arugula
    Red onions
    Tomatoes
    Dried cranberries
    Chopped walnuts
    Crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
    Cranberry Gorgonzola dressing (from refrigerated dressing section)

It's seriously so good.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards